The nature of your collection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which option best describes your firearms collection?

• All antiques and milsurps

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Mostly antiques and milsurps

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • About half and half

Votes: 47 21.4%
  • Mostly modern firearms

Votes: 99 45.0%
  • All modern firearms

Votes: 59 26.8%

• Total voters

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what folks here collect as far as old / modern firearms go. Do you collect only antiques and milsurps (50+ years old, can be shipped via C&R), or do you collect only modern firearms (< 50 years old, needs an 01 FFL for transfer)? Or a little of one, more of the other? Or about half and half?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would old break action shotguns be antiques, even if they have a value of only 60 bucks or so each?

I said Mostly Modern, as aside from those, I have modern firearms. My 1911 is a Colt Series 70 Repro, but it is still a new firearm.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really dont know. I seem to buy what I like. So, I would say half and half, but it really isnt half and half, or at least I dont think it is. I've got a fair share of C&Rs and a few moderns. I guess I like guns,... period. Dont matter to me how old they are.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only antique in my "collection" is the shooter himself.....but I'm down to 6 now and may even sell one more. Cuttin' down on toys.....over the last year have sold 7 hi-end binoculars, a hi-end spotting scope, an astronomical refractor and a complete DSLR camera system. I mean, I still have toys, I'm just down to a little more practical level with everything (not to mention having a lot of $ tied up in stuff that just sat around, or got used 2-3 times a year....).

Latest posts

Top Bottom