The nature of your collection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which option best describes your firearms collection?

• All antiques and milsurps

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Mostly antiques and milsurps

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • About half and half

Votes: 47 21.4%
  • Mostly modern firearms

Votes: 99 45.0%
  • All modern firearms

Votes: 59 26.8%

• Total voters

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say about half and half. I have a thing for old automatic pistols and top break revolvers. I'd also say most of my "modern" stuff is still relatively old - made in the '60s and '70s and creeping into the early '80s. Not C&R eligible, but certainly not new either.

I just can't get into the newer stuff due to my own personal preferences. I don't despise polymer or look down on modern guns, they just don't do anything for me.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only antique in my "collection" is the shooter himself.....but I'm down to 6 now and may even sell one more. Cuttin' down on toys.....over the last year have sold 7 hi-end binoculars, a hi-end spotting scope, an astronomical refractor and a complete DSLR camera system. I mean, I still have toys, I'm just down to a little more practical level with everything (not to mention having a lot of $ tied up in stuff that just sat around, or got used 2-3 times a year....).

Hey what 17 is that in your profile picture? Not to many of those still flying. I know a guy who piloted one for many years at airshows, cant remember the name of the bird though. I'll have to see if I can find a picture.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I collect guns that I shoot. Those are the only ones in my collection. If I dont shoot them, I sell them for ammo for the aforementioned shooters.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winchesters: Shotguns 1887/1901, 1893,1897.
Lever Actions 1873,1892, 1895
Bolt Pre-64

Colt: Pump Rifles Lightning
Pistols Single Army Action/Peacemaker

Weatherby: Mark V or any NON-Japanese made

Sako: Various calibers

Numerous other hunting, tactical rifles. Numerous pistols.

Several Class III(machineguns) and DD-Destructive Devices-three Streetsweeper shotguns.

Lots of "Push button" 1940-1950's Schrade knives and 1950's-60's Italian Swithcblades...specifically "Pick locks".

Cohiba

tbsadavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddies are suprized that my Swedish Mauser made in 1910 with a 29 inch barrel will out shoot their plastic ar guns with a 16 inch barrel. Old guns are better.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went half and half. I have my modern guns for defense, but I really like the history and stories behind milsurps. I love my Sig and black rifle but they seem more like tools and don't "speak" to me. I always wonder about where and what old guns have "seen". I like researching all the armory markings and learning about the history of the weapon.... Basically, if it goes "bang" I like it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well as of recently i've been on a battle rifle/semi auto rifle kick, such as FAL's HK93, M1A etc etc.

I do have a fondness for all models of mosins nagants and mausers but i dont have any at the moment, and i really like S&W revolvers and their 3rd gen semi autos. I'd really like to have an FN-49 in any caliber and a AG-42B Ljungman or an egyptian hakim. I'd also like to have another CETME that would run like a top and another FAL once i get my M1A out next week on black friday :D

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
well as of recently i've been on a battle rifle/semi auto rifle kick, such as FAL's HK93, M1A etc etc.

I do have a fondness for all models of mosins nagants and mausers but i dont have any at the moment, and i really like S&W revolvers and their 3rd gen semi autos. I'd really like to have an FN-49 in any caliber and a AG-42B Ljungman or an egyptian hakim. I'd also like to have another CETME that would run like a top and another FAL once i get my M1A out next week on black friday :D

MMMMMMMMM FN49 in 7X57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom