The nature of your collection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which option best describes your firearms collection?

• All antiques and milsurps

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Mostly antiques and milsurps

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • About half and half

Votes: 47 21.4%
  • Mostly modern firearms

Votes: 99 45.0%
  • All modern firearms

Votes: 59 26.8%

• Total voters

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only shooters, I don't collect anything that I can't shoot, Wallhangers etc... I also shy away from commemoratives except my Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Freedom Arms Premiere Grade .454 casull, It had already been shot when I got it so I shoot it Alot!

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went Half and Half too.

Been squirling away Winchesters for a while... at least before a good pre 40 '94 got to be worth than my car.

Weak spot for SW revolvers... working on a pre lock collection a little at a time... and a couple are shooters and CCW guns

I have a good Garand, and very good 03 A3... still looking for a M1 Carbine and I'd like to land a GI 1911 before it's all over.

Once upon a time I had accumulated a small lot of Colt SAA revolvers... mostly from estate sales and garage sales (a while ago, fellas ... a long while ago)... I sold those pistols short back in the early 80's when times were hard. I could nearly retire (ok... for a couple of years anyway) on what those 7 revovlers are worth today.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half and half here too. I am a weird one I guess, I love the old military rifles and love to shoot them but hate shooting one in original condition because of collectors value. I buy those that have been made into sporters and shoot them.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey what 17 is that in your profile picture? Not to many of those still flying. I know a guy who piloted one for many years at airshows, cant remember the name of the bird though. I'll have to see if I can find a picture.

That was taken last summer at Wiley Post. It's based in Miami (FL) and a couple guys from Tulsa arranged for it to come to OK for a week or so.....they gave rides around OKC....a lazy loop over Penn Square, downtown, then over the lake (Overholser) and back to Wiley....cost $400 for about 15-20 mins.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot of black.

alh6.ggpht.com__UX3H2KNcqBU_TMezf5dbrKI_AAAAAAAAAFc_FgMNWl3y8B4_s800_IMG_20101027_000615.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom