The (New) Adult Beverage thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh, Tequila or Mezcal. I do not shoot either one and El Jimador is very good for sippin'.

Sipping Tequila or Mezcal............

1.Get a bottle of Sal De Gusano.........internet or Mexican food store. This stuff is awesome and strong on the salt so if you follow the directions use sparingly...adjust as you like it.
552780_312623778828050_889260628_n.jpg

2. Good tequila or Mezcal...with Mezcal...NO college boy, tourista, let's get wasted....worm or scorpion in the bottle. I have a bottle of Union Mezcal and it is good.

3. Get an orange, cut it into wedges, sprinkle a little sal de gusano on the wedge...just a little ...it's salty but good!!! Take a sip of your drink(tequila or mescal)....savor it in your mouth and swallow, then take one of the salted wedges and bite a small portion of it. Do not shoot....take your time.
45.jpg

A little "cowboy" music for the drinks..........it was some Waggoner Ranch (North Texas-Vernon area) cowboys I was working with as a young pup who introduced me to MEZCAL!!!!

Cheers......... "¡Salud, pesetas y amor y tiempo para gozarlos!"

Last edited by a moderator:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you like Tito's vodka, do yourself a favor and try Dripping Springs. It's out of Texas too, but much, much better than Tito's. In my opinion.

Dripping Springs IS on the approved OK list and I have seen it in a couple Tulsa stores so far.

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the coolest things I got out of my fathers stuff when he passed away was his old 'Mr Bostons Official Bartenders Guide', a little red book that was always kept near his bar gear in his card table and pool table room. There is a newer updated one out now that I may order from Amazon to update the older one. The old one has all of the old classics in it and a few that my father had written in the back over the years. I would like to try a few as well as some of the ones you guys are listing here, they all sound pretty good.

Growing up my fathers nickname was 'Singapore', on the CB and also basically what all his cronies called him too. I didnt know what it meant back then because they just didnt share much of their younger years with ya in the old days. I found out later when I got older from my older siblings that they heard it was from a drinking and fighting incident with the drink 'Singapore Sling' somehow involved, enough for my father to have a 40 year nickname. He was in the Marines in Korea so it prolly happened there. No other details have ever been told, and I have never tried the drink. Yet.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm constantly searching for the cheapest examples that are still great for straight drinking/sipping/etc. I'd be curious what you all have found in this category.

Tequila: In several groups of Mexicans I've worked with, they highly recommended Cazadores. I have yet to find a tequila at this price point that is as good.

Bourbon: I was working on a team at the Army Research Institute, and one night they pulled out a bottle of Fighting Cock. I haven't been able to beat it for the price.

Herbal liqueur: I like Jägermeister, but haven't found anything else comparable that is cheaper. Have you?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black Tooth Grin- a mixed drink created by Pantera guitarist, Dimebag Darrell, containing a large shot of Seagrams 7, a large shot of Crown Royal, with a splash of cola. (R.I.P. Dimebag).

Brown Eye- a drink favored by Machine Head guitarist-vocalist Robb Flynn when on tour consisting of Grey Goose vodka and Coke. (When Robb serves the drink on the bands tour bus he will make up a drink for everyone in the room, stick his hand down the back of his pants, and then stir the drinks with his index finger. Hence the term 'brown eye').

Jager based cocktails:

Slayers fave cocktail, ‘Angel of Death’
1.5oz Old Overholt Rye
1oz Jägermeister
1oz Averna
3 dashes Jerry Thomas Decanter Bitters
Brandied Cherries
Build, stir with ice and garnish with a cherry.

Anthrax's ‘Bring the Noise’ Cocktail'
1.5oz Jägermeister
1.5oz Grapefruit Juice
.5oz Don Q anejo rum
.5oz Velvet Falernum

Megadeths ‘Devil’s Island’ Cocktail
1.5oz Don Q Anejo Rum
1oz Jägermeister
.5oz Velvet Falernum
1oz Fresh OJ
1oz Pineapple Juice
2 dashes angostura
Combine all ingredients in a tall glass, swizzle with crushed ice. Add more crushed ice and float with Jägermeister on top. Garnish with a pineapple leaf.

Metallica's ‘Trapped Under Ice’ Cocktail
1.5oz Plymouth Gin
1oz Jägermeister
Top with Fever Tree Tonic
Lime Wedge

Last edited:

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like Tito's vodka, do yourself a favor and try Dripping Springs. It's out of Texas too, but much, much better than Tito's. In my opinion.

Dripping Springs IS on the approved OK list and I have seen it in a couple Tulsa stores so far.

I can back this up. Dripping Springs is good stuff, and priced similar or sometimes cheaper than Titos.

And YukonGlocker, my wife had someone bring her a bottle of Cazadores they brought back from visiting family. That has been our standard ever since. Fantastic for the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom