The (New) Adult Beverage thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reasor's stocks Angostura now, so that's cool.

I don't put a cherry in my old-fashioned. And I use simple syrup instead of cubes now. Can never dissolve a cube well.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just made up a big ol' batch of fresh sweet & sour mix... I was at the store picking up some meat to BBQ (that's another thread) and saw they finally had some nice big-ass limes, as well as some nice Meyer lemons. So, out of 6 lbs of fruit, I ended up with about 5 1/2 cups of pure juice, well strained. Add in the water about 1:1 and sweeten to taste. Frigging awesome.

I can't stress enough how much a good homemade sweet & sour mix improves ANY cocktail it is used in. The store bought stuff I can't hardly stand anymore, even when you cut it with liquor. lol

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...And YukonGlocker, my wife had someone bring her a bottle of Cazadores they brought back from visiting family. That has been our standard ever since. Fantastic for the money.
Glad to hear from other fans!

That's interesting, I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip! Both of 'em, that is... what pricerange is the Cazadores Reposado or Anejo? I like the Camarena Reposado we've been using... it's a good balance of flavor and price. I don't want to step up to the Patron pricerange for making margaritas for the neighborhood. lol

Reposado is in the ~$27-28, Anejo is around $40. Those are 750ML prices. I don't think I've ever had the Anejo actually. I've had nicer Anejos, but not Cazadores....

Dripping Springs is $18-20 for a 750ML, whereas Tito's is right at $18.

I typically buy the Cazadores Reposado (I rarely find the Anejo in store), and I typically pay about $25 at the bargain liquor stores.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best bitters! Though I haven't tried their orange.

Either way, I'm excited to hear about tonight's drink. What's your Old Fashioned recipe?

I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't a rookie, still trying to get the perfect blend. Adding these new cherries and the new bitters will throw another wrench into the recipe. Usually 3-4 dashes of bitters and bout half a shot of water and mix a teaspoon of sugar. 1 shot of Makers, mariachishno cherry juice, Add some cute ice spheres and a twist of orange.

Yea I know I made something all together dif and a lil sweeter but it tastes like chicken to me.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just made up a big ol' batch of fresh sweet & sour mix... I was at the store picking up some meat to BBQ (that's another thread) and saw they finally had some nice big-ass limes, as well as some nice Meyer lemons. So, out of 6 lbs of fruit, I ended up with about 5 1/2 cups of pure juice, well strained. Add in the water about 1:1 and sweeten to taste. Frigging awesome.

I can't stress enough how much a good homemade sweet & sour mix improves ANY cocktail it is used in. The store bought stuff I can't hardly stand anymore, even when you cut it with liquor. lol

How long will this keep?

Latest posts

Top Bottom