The New America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We allow regulation that forces background checks on all exchanges of firearms (providing that background check services would have to become public).

In exchange, SBRs and SBSs are removed from the NFA, and the cost of an NFA stamp is reduced to $100.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Institute a UBC but do away with the requirement to retain any information by the FFL and specifically prohibit data collection by the BATFE.

Remove suppressors and SBRs from the purview of the NFA.

National reciprocity for CWL holders.

Do away with "gun free zones".

I'm not crazy about this idea of a FOID to buy guns. I would rather have a CWL serve that purpose. That way we can get more incentive for more people to CC. This would increase the odds that an armed citizen can put down one of these nutjobs when they start shooting up a place.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all agree that any restrictions on firearms are unconstitutional, however there are restrictions and they want more. So what ideas do any of you have in how we could compromise on that would allow either fewer or different restrictions that could be put in place?
There is no compromising with these anti gun fools. We cannot give an inch. Nothing that we propose will please them unless it will benefit them taking rights away. We shouldn't have any new restrictions. There is no need for them. The system that we have now is fine. Instead of the anti's looking to punish us they need to be dealing with the real causes of these crimes, which are the people. We have the RIGHT to keep and bear arms. It is not a privilege. And those rights cannot be infringed upon. And passing laws that would limit mag capacity and banning certain firearms because of their appearance is infringing upon our rights. Anyone that believes we should try and compromise with these fools is crazy. If we let them get even one small restriction it won't be enough. Their plan is to keep taking until there is nothing left to take. The only was we can insure that we have the rights we have is to fight for them. And if the government passes new restrictions or bans we don't have to follow them. They would be going against the constitution. That is when we should stand up and say no. But hopefully it never gets to that. But I fear that it will. And even if we did come up with a compromise, in a couple of years or less they would say "that isn't working so we gotta do something else" and then they will try and erode our rights away even more. This is their end game. To completely disarm us. And anyone that won't stand up and resist that needs to move to another country. There have been countless people die protecting the very rights we are trying to preserve at this very moment. If we just sit back and let the government get what they want we are just pissing on those peoples memories.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No foid needed. Drivers licenses already have bar codes to scan. My wife visited me at work today and simply scanned her drivers license into a machine that cross checked different databases. Just have card readers hooked to a comp (or even wireless device for gun shows) that accesses the nice database. One swipe and done. No need to fill out forms.

The only real benefit I see to an actual card would be showing it would mean you have been through the necessary checks. However, because warrants, arrests, etc... Can happen after the card is issued, scanning a dl would insure up to date info is being pulled

They already access that info anyway when police run your license. I was pulled over once and the officer came back to my truck asking if I had a firearm on me because running my license showed I had a chl.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No compromise. Playing that game with them lends legitimacy to the system of rights being up for a vote, and liberties being bargaining chips that can be swapped and traded. We need to make it clear that we do not consent, and do not recognize the legitimacy of a decision to strip us of our rights, no matter how many people vote for it. If they have the numbers and political power to force something on us, let's make them show it for exactly what it is.

The bastards may succeed at stripping me of my rights, but I'll be damned if they will do it with my consent or acquiescence.

arkmark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
if your a felon you lose your right to vote or own a gun. do a background check to become a registered voter, and then your voter I.D. is all you need to buy a gun.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Compromise? Sure. I offer repeal of NFA '34, GCA '68, the '86 auto ban, and any other Unconstitutional anti-2A laws and regulations.

Seriously? In order to vote you must show a carry permit.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Institute a national Firearms Ownership Approval Database.
Call it the FOAD card. Of course that acronym also stands for something else that sums up my opinion of people wanting to further compromise a fundamental right.

Ben Franklin had it right, Those that are willing to sacrifice liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brainstorm this:
If "they" really want to crack down on gun violence...how about...

Enforce the laws already on the books, not making or changing more that can be used for any type of national database of law-abiding, non-criminal types.
Ban "Gun-Free Zones".
Increase the penalty for crimes committed with weapons of any kind.
No more revolving door, catch & release of criminals.
No more plea bargaining for reduced sentences.
Support LEOs by locking up these bastards - the LEOs are the ones on the front line catching this scum, flush them where they belong.
Close our damn borders to keep the illegal alien criminals out.
Fight frigging criminals - not law-abiding citizens.

It's not that hard to figure out some ways to cut down on gun violence - if they'd pull their heads out of their asses, take a look at facts (Chicago, DC, New York), quit listening to idiots spewing bull$hit (Piers, Feinstein, Obama and all his brown-nosing, suck-up, maggots), put their big-boy pants on and stand up for the Constitution for which they took their oath!

That should be a good start. Other than this, I wouldn't give them a f%&$ing inch of "compromise" because the scum-sucking bastards that they are would never quit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom