OKCPD arrests 110 people at street racing takeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of mouth breather thinks this is unfair or unreasonable? There's a car show every weekend, go. There are multiple tracks, go sign up and race. Got a beef; find an abandoned back road and don't call attention to yourself. Because apparently being a public nuisance is what the real activity is and I hope they teach them a lesson.

It seems to be a manifestation of social media/tiktok showoff culture. Everyone wants those sweet sweet (and absolutely worthless) internet points.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
- I think there's a need for letting kids be kids.
- If we're talking about drag-racing, there's only (3) drag-strip locations in all of Oklahoma which is outside convenient range of most kids.
- For public safety, there needs some guidance to negate risk to general public and property.
-Telling them to 'stop' obviously isn't working. Telling them to 'stop even louder' (fines) will only have minimal effect and is temporary at best.

- Anybody have any solutions?

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How's this any different that shooting center fire arms in your urban backyard? It's endangering and annoying other people. Cities have laws against that stuff.
You know if you live in the city and you buy a gun you're going to have to find a safe place to shoot it; same thing if you build a hot rod.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
- I think there's a need for letting kids be kids.
- If we're talking about drag-racing, there's only (3) drag-strip locations in all of Oklahoma which is outside convenient range of most kids.
- For public safety, there needs some guidance to negate risk to general public and property.
-Telling them to 'stop' obviously isn't working. Telling them to 'stop even louder' (fines) will only have minimal effect and is temporary at best.

- Anybody have any solutions?
Kinda like letting shoplifting go unpoliced. Yeah, there is a solution, and that is what is being done. Fines, impoundments, eventually jailtime, the message will eventually sink home.
this is no different than any of the unlawful things we complain about being allowed in those nasty leftist cities.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How's this any different that shooting center fire arms in your urban backyard? It's endangering and annoying other people. Cities have laws against that stuff.
-If it's "endangering" to the general public, then there should be some guidelines to maintain safety. Yes? Banning backyard ranges should be the last resort.
Shooting on a neighborhood 1/4 acre is dangerous. Shooting on a country 1/4 section is completely different. Hence the guidelines for safety.

You know if you live in the city and you buy a gun you're going to have to find a safe place to shoot it; same thing if you build a hot rod.
Ok, So if the people of Oklahoma buy guns - but there's only (3) gun ranges in the entire state. Now what?

Kinda like letting shoplifting go unpoliced. Yeah, there is a solution, and that is what is being done. Fines, impoundments, eventually jailtime, the message will eventually sink home.
this is no different than any of the unlawful things we complain about being allowed in those nasty leftist cities.
This is not a fair comparison and/or a very poor example. Theft of private property will always leave the victim in damage. NOBODY is recommending allowing harm/damage to others - just because kids want to have fun.

- Disclaimer: I'm not in the racing crowd and have no vested interest. But I do live within convenient driving distance to a drag-strip, so I have that option.
- I think this subject is a easy knee-jerk reaction, with knee-jerk solutions.
- I think these kids want to have fun with their cars. I think these kids do NOT want to cause harm to others. I think if these kids had a designated area (local) - then most would accommodate the understanding.

...Like...
There isn't a place you can go that is of a reasonable distance within okc...there is no place for them to just gather and admire each others cars without some Karen freaking out.

Before you say blah blah back in my day...we did this back in the 90s with our MR2s and integras, thing is that we have NW39th and many places where people didn't really mess with us.

Yep. Kids have always raced cars.
I think there's room for some solutions.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "nuclear option" is such a beautiful hyperbole solution. It can be applied to almost everything.

No car insurance? CRUSH THE CAR!
Out of date tag? CRUSH THE CAR!
Tail-light out? CRUSH THE CAR!
Slow car in left lane? CRUSH THE CAR!

Or....
Instead of complaining of the symptoms - maybe we could talk about the root-cause and/or possible amenable solutions?

...And maybe the punishment should be in relation and proportion to the crime?

Wait... Hold on... This is OSA.
Nuclear option all the way!!!!
:)
The Nuclear option would be crush the driver and that is a thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom