OKCPD arrests 110 people at street racing takeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both are dangerous, someone is going to get hurt or killed.

"Both are dangerous" On that we agree.

"Someone is going to get hurt or killed" If you change the "is" to "may" I would agree with that statement as well. As you stated it is just plain silly. You have no way of knowing if that is going to happen. No different than guns, or knives, or driving to work. Any could happen, none are certain to happen. Silly statement.

Just to be clear, I am not condoning street racing or street drifting.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Both are dangerous" On that we agree.

"Someone is going to get hurt or killed" If you change the "is" to "may" I would agree with that statement as well. As you stated it is just plain silly. You have no way of knowing if that is going to happen. No different than guns, or knives, or driving to work. Any could happen, none are certain to happen. Silly statement.

Just to be clear, I am not condoning street racing or street drifting.
I grew up in the time of muscle cars. Have done some street racing and drag racing, in smaller towns and on country roads. I have seen people hurt and killed. It happens fast at 100 plus mph. Something brakes or someone just looses control.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in the time of muscle cars. Have done some street racing and drag racing, in smaller towns and on country roads. I have seen people hurt and killed. It happens fast at 100 plus mph. Something brakes or someone just looses control.
That is certainly true. I live on the country road where we used to drag race, but it was just one car against another, not huge crowd shows.
BIL was racing his car against another when the other guy's car left the roadway, rolled and killed him.
He was charged with involuntary manslaughter initially, but the day of the trial, the DA and Lawyer met for breakfast and had the charges reduced to reckless driving. Big fine, no jail time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom