The official Constitutional Carry thread for 2012/2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The big rub is the fact that the cost to obtain a permit is cost prohibitive to folks on fixed incomes or people working but living below the poverty line. And thats a lot of people. SO, if we dont get rid of the permit entirely, a first step (and one that Fallen would likely agree with) is drastically reducing the cost.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too soon. I don't think it's possible to pass this yet. (my opinion, not OKOCA)

What I'd like to see pass is an exemption from liability for businesses who choose not to prohibit lawful carry in their stores, like WI has. I'd also like to see the law that makes it a felony to leave your handgun in the car on K-12 school property. Concealed carry on university campuses would be great, too. Oh, and do away with that stupid requirement to notify.

I hope you meant you'd like to see that rescinded.... that one really burns me. Alot don't realize it applies to ammo, too, not just the gun. My truck is almost never without a gun in it, but it really is never without some amount of ammo somewhere in there.

Consequently, I can't leave my truck to go pick up my son, who is in 2nd grade now. If he isn't in the line outside because he had to go pee or got distracted (FREQUENTLY!!!!), then what am I to do? By law I cannot leave my truck unattended to go looking for him, despite my remote locking ability and two-way paging alarm even if I lock it all up in the attached hardened steel lockbox under my seat!

This is the one I plan on lobbying for some changes on... kind of like the VoTech law change.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you meant you'd like to see that rescinded.... that one really burns me. Alot don't realize it applies to ammo, too, not just the gun. My truck is almost never without a gun in it, but it really is never without some amount of ammo somewhere in there.

Consequently, I can't leave my truck to go pick up my son, who is in 2nd grade now. If he isn't in the line outside because he had to go pee or got distracted (FREQUENTLY!!!!), then what am I to do? By law I cannot leave my truck unattended to go looking for him, despite my remote locking ability and two-way paging alarm even if I lock it all up in the attached hardened steel lockbox under my seat!

This is the one I plan on lobbying for some changes on... kind of like the VoTech law change.

I hope you're right. Or he made a post full of intelligent commentary and included the stupidest thing I'll read today.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The school issue is really big with me. I am a general contractor and 95% of our work is schools. I would even be in favor of requiring a lockable device once it is in the vehicle.

I ether have to take off the weapon at the office before I go or park off of school grounds. Neither is a good option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom