The President of the United States.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't Obama get a Nobel Peace Prize for doing essentially nothing?

What do you think the odds are that Trump will merit a peace prize for negotiating major improvements in the regime and life of the millions of people starving and suffering NK?

Not "essentially nothing" but "absolutely nothing" - he basically was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for being black and getting elected President.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking the same thing. This is indeed a momentous incident in history, and I hope a tremendous amount of good comes out of it, but I keep thinking back to this...

View attachment 119739

Not that Trump will be a sucker, but I don’t trust Kim. At all.

Trust but verify.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm justifiably skeptical that Kim Jong Un will honor any agreement he may sign. But, he's absolutely in the cult of personality camp and if he finds something he can admire about Trump that he's never seen in an American POTUS before, he just might do it for real?

If Trump truly makes a deal that leads to peace between the Koreas, he'll have made history and sealed his legacy. The Nobel committee wouldn't be able to deny him a peace prize without destroying any remaining shred of credibility they may still have. :)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Trump truly makes a deal that leads to peace between the Koreas, he'll have made history and sealed his legacy. The Nobel committee wouldn't be able to deny him a peace prize without destroying any remaining shred of credibility they may still have. :)

IMO, this is the only possible scenario that may restore some credibility to the Nobel committee and it's beloved prize because after the Obama debacle they lost every bit of what little they had left.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't Obama get a Nobel Peace Prize for doing essentially nothing?

What do you think the odds are that Trump will merit a peace prize for negotiating major improvements in the regime and life of the millions of people starving and suffering NK?

If I were Trump I would tell the Nobel no thanks !! It is a fake award given to folks who have not accomplished anything!! Nobel used to be about something given to the likes of Einstien, ML king and Mandela, now it is given to A Gore for I guess inventing the Enet( didn't do **** but talk about climate change ,did nothing lol) and Oboma for absolutely nothing!! Participation badges need to go away!!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So yesterday, my dad who is 80 years old was riding with me hauling round bales. We were listening to Hannity on the radio. Hannity mentioned how nice Singapore was. Dad grumbled and started getting all stirred like he does. He said "Singapore is a shithole and I know cuz I been there!" I said "Dad, you mean when you were in the service?" He replied "Yep!" I said "you realize that was bout 60yrs back?" He said "Oh hell, maybe it's gotten a little better". Lmao. He's one cranky ol man

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obama received the "prize" after his big Dog-n-Pony show in Cairo, where he accomplished Zilch.

IMO, no way they'll give Trump the prize. You have to be a real POS leftist to win the prize, ie Carter, Arafat, Gore, Obama, etc.

let's be real, it was a prize for being 'Not Bush'

these ****ing leftists are hypocrites.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
let's be real, it was a prize for being 'Not Bush'

these ****ing leftists are hypocrites.

Totally agree
Obama received the "prize" after his big Dog-n-Pony show in Cairo, where he accomplished Zilch.

IMO, no way they'll give Trump the prize. You have to be a real POS leftist to win the prize, ie Carter, Arafat, Gore, Obama, etc.

Totally agree about Pres Obama not deserving the NPP. However, as much as I overall disliked Pres Carter, I give him full credit for brokering a true breakthrough between Israel and Egypt at Camp David. He would have been a much better special envoy than a president.

Latest posts

Top Bottom