The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the scanner, apparently there is a nuisance suspect at the 71st/Union fire station in Tulsa, but police cannot yet send a car en route. So the firemen are having to entertain him. Sounds interesting :D

haha thats 1/4 a mile from me

Good work Wormie!

I heard they officially closed. Hwy 75 south of Bartlesville. Said it is starting to look like a parking lot.

yep, its closed as is 75 from glenpool to tulsa too.

Turner turn pike closed westbound past mile marker 211 and closed east from stroud to tulsa.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My work is in Iowa. Looks like I wont be going today. Lolllll.

Haha,my daughters little white DaeWoo is out there some where,or it was last night. Havent seen it since about 4am.

The wife went in to Tulsa last night about 830p to stay at her parents house cause its only 2 miles from her work. This morning they told every one to stay home. Now her brand new Corolla that she just bought is in their driveway, buried. Looks like her and my daughter are at grammas for a day or two. Thats alright. Grampa has a freezer full of deer,crappie,etc.

I got a 4x4. Have had it since 1988. Its in my driveway. And it aint goin no where. I got my supplies Sunday so I dont need to go any where for any thing and no reason to get out and gawk around-I have a TV for that. My 14 yr old is out there playing in the snow with my little Boston and is clearing the truck off with a broom and scraper in case we want to go some where. But Im not plannin on goin any where- just not tellin him that. He needs something to do.

Is this storm worse than last Christmas? I dont know. I live part of the year in central Iowa and part time in northern California and I get a chance to see alot of snow so I cant gauge what this storm did. Last year on Christmas Day I got bored,so I went out about noon and cleared my Blazer off and then bunny hopped out of the driveway in 4low ,when I got out on the road it wasnt bad so I put it back in 2WD cause those BFG KOs were grabbin pretty good and gettin me around alright. Drove around town Coweta a bit then came back home and stayed in for 2 days. No reason to be out if you dont have to.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was cloudy almost all day here in Tulsa. Our area has 99% buried power lines, so I'm not real concerned about that. Gas fireplace, so we can use that to stay warm if the power DOES go out. Going to get food for a day or 2 that's not required to be cooked, in case the power does go off. I *do* have a grill I could use, but sammiches and stuff are easier. Love our electric cooktop, but those take forever to cook anything when the power goes out :D

Don't get overconfident. No one has buried lines all the way from the powerstation.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I made it into work this am, but the boss just sent out an email to finish up any jobs we are on and bail out around 1330hrs.
22 mile commute home. I threw an extra log chain, and tow strap in the Tacoma, and have the 3 wheeler in the back for weight. Might be a fun trip.
When I get home, it will be unload the atv, put the sand paddles on it, and go play.....right after getting the tractor out and blading off the driveway. 3/10th of a mile of driveway.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad is the one who found the calf. I pulled him out with our tractor when he got stuck. And another guy that was stranded.

Pushing snow to get into a pasture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l8YoBr-Aug

I'm sure my old rancher buddy will be calling tonight too. Every time it turns bad like this, he calls. At 87 yrs old, he could use a little help at times. Mainly breaking ice. With all this snow you wouldn't think they would need it, but its gonna happen.

Your cheating with a cab on that tractor:D:D

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure my old rancher buddy will be calling tonight too. Every time it turns bad like this, he calls. At 87 yrs old, he could use a little help at times. Mainly breaking ice. With all this snow you wouldn't think they would need it, but its gonna happen.

Your cheating with a cab on that tractor:D:D

Tannerite is supposed to be really good for breaking ice.

That makes the Tannerite, firearm and ammo tax deductible doesn't it?:blush:

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom