The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup grew up in the great white north, Nova Scotia, when those Noreasters would dump 2-3 feet over night. Yes we had good snow removal. Lane wide snowblowers into the dump trucks & into Halifax Harbour easier to get around & proper winter tires. Back in the day everyone wore studs

redline

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
easy now pumpkin every time that debate is brought up it spirals out of control, all because those 2wd guys don't know what there talking about and are just jealous LOL here we go

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man, thats a smart move, the scanner is lit up, most ppl are getting stuck. they found one lady in her car with severe frostbite on her face. bad stuff

I'm listening to the scanner now. I recently heard something like this:

"Dispatch, be advised that we no longer need a tow truck. We got ourselves unstuck, but then we managed to run into a telephone pole."

:(

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weak sauce in midtown Tulsa. Barely 6 inches if even that. The only record set in this part of town has to do with meteorologists' overexcitability.

You're a goober, sir. With all due respect. Tulsa NWS is still looking like it may set a 24 hour snowfall record before it's over.

If you compare it to a place with a real winter (which is stupid, because this is Oklahoma), it's nothing. But speaking for NE OK....this is remarkable. Clearly, you are a goober if you believe otherwise. This is certainly the case. Indeed.

I just went out again. It seems every time I leave it gets windy, it looks calm-ish from the house. Then I get out and it's near-whiteout. Some goober in a little sedan tried to get somewhere. I'm 6 miles from town, the roads are untouched. Obviously a car without enough clearance to run over a Pepsi can isn't getting anywhere on untouched county roads, so he's buried up good. 2 trucks in front of me offered to help but he turned them away, so I just drove on. Drove by 20 minutes later and he is still there. Whatevs. I'll go check on him later. He's on the one road that is seeing light traffic, so if he changes his mind he won't have to wait long.

ETA: Just heard Tulsa NWS is reporting 11.6". Record is 12.9".

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Earlier on the okc police scanner i heard someone say "I thought we were getting points for getting stuck, I was going to redeem them to cuddle with some firemen."

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
that band of snow that came through edmond between 8 30 and 9 made the roads twice as bad. this one ought to just make them down right suck. came home for lunch to check my pot of pulled pork i'm making. the drive back to the shop should be fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom