The War on Independent Truckers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^ Makes sense. We know the elites are big fans of electric AI vehicles.....and they stand to make big money squeezing the independent truckers out of business. Justin Trudeau especially holds a grudge against truckers. American elites are onboard with him: no more convoy protests will be possible.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard they are going to stop non def rigs from entering the state. I say, great, more stuff for the rest of the country. Let those MF'er starve. You wanna eat? New shoes? New clothes? Buy paint for the house? Not move to TX? Stop voting for democrats.
Point is that the supplies we all need come from the ports in commiefornika. When truckers can't get in there, we suffer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t let a good crisis go to waste. There is NO driver shortage.
When wallyworld is offering $125,000 a year in pay to drivers plus benefits, there is a driver shortage.
When I'm listening to the radio daily, every trucking company in the US is begging for drivers.
When wallyworld is willing to pay that much money to drivers to deliver product, guess who pays those salary's? It danged sure isn't walmart, it's you and I.
Truckers aren't losing a dime. They are passing the costs on to the consumer. It's that simple.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They already are and have been since DEF was required. Same goes with agriculture and heavy equipment.
I bought a 2014 tractor instead of new because of the emissions, including DEF.

There are so many issues with the emissions on new equipment, it’s causing delays and a lot of extra maintenance/replacement of emissions related parts expense.
It’s been an issue since the mandates on NoX emissions and OEM’s came out with that 04 egr crap. They started hitting the big fleets midsummer of 03(werner,prime ect) we were pulling down 60 series with oil consumption over 2 gallons a week. We got good enough at slinging piston kits under warranty we would do 36 hour turnarounds for local customers. By fall of 04 the price on anything on the lot pre-egr had doubled.
Give me an ol B model 3406 or that tan 444 any day. Only thing that little snitch box on the left side of the motor is good fer is helpin statie write his ticket.

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was an owner operator and in the industry for 30 years. sold my truck last year and don"t plan to return in any capacity. there is no driver shortage. there is less drivers than these companies have trucks. if you pull into a truck stop anywhere near a major city after 1900 local time, you most likely will not get a parking spot. same with rest areas. where's the shortage? before Reagen ruined the trucking industry by deregulating it, a driver could make a decent living. drivers make less money now than 40 years ago. everything cost way more. how people are willing to go live in a truck on the road for 2-3 weeks at a time and make 40k a year. not to mention all the BS that goes along with the job including all the road rage idiots with no clue on the roads these days. 30+ years ago it was an interesting career/lifestyle. now it's just a crap job with low pay.
You have to have it in your blood to be a truck driver, I worked around them for 35 years at a Peterbilt dealership and that is what they all said.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work with trucking companies on a daily basis. There's a driver shortage.
There’s not a driver shortage. There’s a shortage of people willing work for the absolute crap majority of trucking companies out there. I know I drove for 30 years. If you still don’t believe me, pick any of the biggest 25 trucking companies and read the reviews from former drivers. Low pay, consistently get you home late, call you next day wanting you to go back to work. Little to no support while your out on the road. No pay for the time sitting around unless you can meet all the requirements for detention pay which as a company driver is $10 an hour. For max 10 hours. So if you sit at a shipper/receiver for 20 hours, you get $100, and thats before taxes. If you believe there’s a driver shortage, go get a CDL, drive 6 months for Swift or JB Hunt, Werner, Knight, whoever, you’ll sing a whole new tune

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When wallyworld is offering $125,000 a year in pay to drivers plus benefits, there is a driver shortage.
When I'm listening to the radio daily, every trucking company in the US is begging for drivers.
When wallyworld is willing to pay that much money to drivers to deliver product, guess who pays those salary's? It danged sure isn't walmart, it's you and I.
Truckers aren't losing a dime. They are passing the costs on to the consumer. It's that simple.
All you know about Walmart is what they pay. They want team drivers. Ever try sleeping in a bouncing truck with 45,000 lbs in a 15,000 lbs trailer on these crap roads while somebody else drives, then you get up tired and drive your shift, and Walmart wants 3 weeks out. If you think it’s a great place to work, go sign up. I’d rather be a greater than drive their crap equipment.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are having trouble getting trucks to show up for loads at work. For example yesterday we were scheduled to get 17 trucks on day shift. Well, only six showed up. We had to stop production at 2am because the cooler was full. This will hurt our business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom