The word "hero" is subjective

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure I even understand the reference to Harvey Milk. Is there something different about him relative to all the other sailors on the Kittiwake?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew he was gay; just wasn't sure what that had to do with the price of tea in China.

Lol, The general consensus of that thread was "he didn't serve in war, he's not ****."
So my referencing the milk thread in response to someone saying that soldiers are in "a class apart," i.e. heros, I was seeing if it applied all soldiers or just ones in combat.

But hey, I'm glad you knew he was gay ;)

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say Harvey Milk was hero. He stood up for his Civil rights, and died for his beliefs. Same as Martin Luther King... I see no problem with naming a ship after him..I do see a lot of bigots on this forum tho..

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
What in the world is an "epic hero"? The word hero that I know is what Jesus was and is. Period. Maybe the word hero means something different to you.
Dude, you truly don't understand what epic heroes are? We teach eighth graders what an epic hero is. You do not understand Christianity if you do not understand how and why the life of Christ is told, period. In fact it makes you a little bit illiterate.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, you truly don't understand what epic heroes are? We teach eighth graders what an epic hero is. You do not understand Christianity if you do not understand how and why the life of Christ is told, period. In fact it makes you a little bit illiterate.
I understand Christianity very well. Because I'm a Christian. And not just someone who says they are yet hasn't done what the bible instructs to become one. But I'm not gonna argue with you. I know what Christ means to me and that's all that matters. Good day.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand Christianity very well. Because I'm a Christian. And not just someone who says they are yet hasn't done what the bible instructs to become one. But I'm not gonna argue with you. I know what Christ means to me and that's all that matters. Good day.
I never said you were not a Christian, I am too. its not a matter of doing what the bible says, it is more an understanding of why it says to do it, which is not by default, because it says so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom