There should be a two minute rule at the ATM!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night after the Heartland match I was driving home and needed to get gas near my house. I pulled into the 7-Eleven off SW 44th and Council and noticed about a dozen ricers in the parking lot and at the pumps. I pulled to a spot in the parking lot so I could wait for a car to leave the pump and then be able to get some gas. I sat there for about two minutes when I realized these "rice racers" weren't even getting gas. They were just sitting there talking and sitting on their cars. I got out of my car and walked over toward the pumps and gave a verbal command to them to leave if they're not filling up their cars. That parking lot cleared out in 15 seconds. I don't know if it was the badge on my belt or in a kilt or all of the above but they high tailed it out of there and I was able to get my gas.

There is a difference between having patience and other people being inconsiderate.

Hahaha!! Nice try. Since I just left the shooting match I still had my badge on my belt. I simply got out of my car and told them to leave if they weren't filling up and that some of us would like to get gas. I never once stated who I was or which agency I was with. Thank you and please try again.
Actually there is a difference in the way you posted what you did.
And What would be the reason you would be..still.. wearing a badge coming from a shooting contest, in partcularly?
Jus askin? Officer

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly what does someone having to open their door to punch in their code have anything to do with this problem of folks taking to long?
My advice to you is to stay away from drive up windows and fast food restaurants. Hate you see you go postal on all them folks that can't pull up to the speaker on the first try.

Michael

First of all, if they don't have the depth perception to accurately gauge their distance from the ATM as they approach, that is an indication that they should not be driving.

We need the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. He could be the ATM Nazi. If people take to long he could just pop up, hand them their card back and say "NO MONEY FOR YOU!"

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really?!?! How long does it take to pull up to an ATM, insert your card, enter your pincode and withdraw money? And why is it so difficult to pull along side the ATM? Seriously, I see people who can't pull up close enough to the ATM and end up opening the door or leaning ridiculously far outside the window. And as soon as you get your frigin money, pull forward to organize your wallet or purse!

If you're not done after two minutes, I say the car behind you gets to shove you out of the way!

As long as I want to take. If there's a line behind me I try to be as quick as possible, but 2 minutes is unrealistic since I always check my account balance first.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a lot of people don't realize is you can deposit checks at ATM's now days so a lot of people go there to deposit money as well which takes a lot longer to do then to just check your balance or withdrawal money.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a lot of people don't realize is you can deposit checks at ATM's now days so a lot of people go there to deposit money as well which takes a lot longer to do then to just check your balance or withdrawal money.

Good point. I'd forgotten about that convenience of the modern ATM. Thanks for bringing it up.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My truck mirrors stick out far enough(tow mirrors) that it's not always easy to get close enough to the keypad without having to lean way out the window, or actually open the door. This is especially true depending on how they place the concrete/metal posts to deter theft of the machine. I don't get too wound up about drive up ATM's unless the person gets their money and then seems like they're balancing their checkbook before they drive off. Some people take WAY too long at the regular ATM's, though. It's not rocket surgery, and ATM's aren't some super new and complicated technology.

Reaction score
Really?!?! How long does it take to pull up to an ATM, insert your card, enter your pincode and withdraw money? And why is it so difficult to pull along side the ATM? Seriously, I see people who can't pull up close enough to the ATM and end up opening the door or leaning ridiculously far outside the window. And as soon as you get your frigin money, pull forward to organize your wallet or purse!

If you're not done after two minutes, I say the car behind you gets to shove you out of the way!

Try living in Central Ark!!!! QT would never make it here, Little Rock runs at the speed of molassas, You could never train the customer for a speedy transaction, like all us Oklahomans have been........Wait a minute,,, I smell a conspiracy. Somehow, the goverment is using QT to train us,,Little by little,,,This could just be the start of something big,,,,,, I gotta go start a webite...BRB

Latest posts

Top Bottom