There should be a two minute rule at the ATM!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you misused your authority (or was it one of those stupid "ccw" badges?) on private property to get your way, and you think thats a good thing?

Hahaha!! Nice try. Since I just left the shooting match I still had my badge on my belt. I simply got out of my car and told them to leave if they weren't filling up and that some of us would like to get gas. I never once stated who I was or which agency I was with. Thank you and please try again.

GusMan405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe not a two minute rule, but a 5 minute rule would be nice. Some people just pull up and they are on their cell phone and could care less there are people waiting behind them. And I manage a bank, so I see it all the time, not only at the ATM but also at the drive thru lanes!

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe not a two minute rule, but a 5 minute rule would be nice. Some people just pull up and they are on their cell phone and could care less there are people waiting behind them. And I manage a bank, so I see it all the time, not only at the ATM but also at the drive thru lanes!

Cell phones have been the downfall of etiquette/consideration. It does not matter what people are doing if they do it with a cell phone in their hands they are less considerate.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are rules I'd like to see implemented:

Rule for men: Cell phones would be disabled while operating a motor vehicle unless equipped and using a handsfree device.

Rule for women: Cell phones would be disabled. Period.

cfw2000

Marksman
Reaction score
Cell phones have been the downfall of etiquette/consideration. It does not matter what people are doing if they do it with a cell phone in their hands they are less considerate.

I agree about cell phone etiquette. My first time to Europe ten years ago I realized that Europeans understand and practice cell phone etiquette. They could teach a thing or two to us ugly Americans. I cringe everytime I hear someone talking loud enough on a cell phone to be heard two blocks away. There are more cell phones in Europe per capita than over here, but I never heard anyone talk on theirs although I saw them talking and I never heard one ring but I saw them answer them.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Cellphones go off at the dinner table, a fact my son seems to have forgotten over the summer at his mothers house.

My wife and I both have jobs that require us to be available outside of regular business hours during an emergency so I tolerate her setting her ringer to vibrate when we go out in public to eat since that is what I do. But her boss is a mindless moron that has called her to talk about things that should have been handled during regular business not when they happened to flit through her brain, and I have vocally said as much to my wife when her boss pulls that crap when we are eating if, it's not an emergency tell her you are having dinner with your family and will talk to her later. When my phone vibrates I check the number if it a the hardware vendor calling to tell me my servers have phoned home or my boss(who only calls if something isn't working) it goes back in my pocket.

Oh wait we were talking about ATM rage, yeah I get a little perturbed when people sit there and yack rather than doing their business, but if it takes to long I just go elsewhere lot's of ATM's not worth getting my blood pressure up.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or when they ain't got no money in the bank....and the ATM tells them so, then they have to try the card 5 more times and then try three more cards and then have a loud domestic dispute with their wife or husband in the ATM lane about "why they ain't no money in the bank???" Well, ok...those get kind of amusing...but just sayin'!! lol

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I see people who can't pull up close enough to the ATM and end up opening the door or leaning ridiculously far outside the window.
Exactly what does someone having to open their door to punch in their code have anything to do with this problem of folks taking to long?
My advice to you is to stay away from drive up windows and fast food restaurants. Hate you see you go postal on all them folks that can't pull up to the speaker on the first try.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom