Thermacell Owners! Cheap Butane Refills!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this great thread from GON (Georgia Outdoor News) about "How to Re-fill your Thermacell Butane Cartridges"...
Also in the thread they chat about Re-Soaking the Scent Pads in 36.8% Permethrin!

Click here for the link and go to post #30

Very Interesting!

Sweet! I bought mine two years ago after going through a miserable early bow season, and did not have to use it at all last season. The skeeters just weren't out.
I wonder if the spray cans of Permethrin one can get at wallyworld are good enough strength. I'll look at the cans later and see what the concentration is.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet! I bought mine two years ago after going through a miserable early bow season, and did not have to use it at all last season. The skeeters just weren't out.
I wonder if the spray cans of Permethrin one can get at wallyworld are good enough strength. I'll look at the cans later and see what the concentration is.

I was going to check for Permethrin at Atwood's when I got some free time.

Cabela's has a good deal on Thermacells for $19.99 and it comes with the Holster. See It Here

I might even try soaking some old pads in Doe Estrus for the Mid-November Hunts!

Latest posts

Top Bottom