Things getting spicy down in Okmulgee county. LEO standoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had great interactions with the BIA officers. So much so that I'd invite them over on the holidays so they could eat a good hot meal while they were on duty. Most lived out of their work area and weren't able to go home.
Now, the local tribal police are another thing.

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what's your opinion of the Okmulgee SO and the sheriff as far as professionalism and transparency goes? I have heard some anecdotal stories that make them sound questionable.
I've only had one dealing with the sheriff's office, someone stole something out of the back of one of my trucks a lady down the street called in their tag and description of the vehicle. Sheriff's deputy knocked on our door and asked if I was missing something out of the back of my truck,I had to go out and look and sure enough I was
They already had the guy in jail and I went up to the impound yard and got my stuff out of his truck. So I was both happy and impressed,they were on the ball

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had great interactions with the BIA officers. So much so that I'd invite them over on the holidays so they could eat a good hot meal while they were on duty. Most lived out of their work area and weren't able to go home.
Now, the local tribal police are another thing.
This was our local tribal police

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only had one dealing with the sheriff's office, someone stole something out of the back of one of my trucks a lady down the street called in their tag and description of the vehicle. Sheriff's deputy knocked on our door and asked if I was missing something out of the back of my truck,I had to go out and look and sure enough I was
They already had the guy in jail and I went up to the impound yard and got my stuff out of his truck. So I was both happy and impressed,they were on the ball
I’ve only had one dealing with the Osage tribal police.
Deer hunting one morning at one of the farms 45 miles away. Wife calls with a minor emergency so bail out and drive home.
Do my duty and haul butt back on our rural road.
Passed a white SUV with no markings at about 80 in a 55, and got lit up.
Typical question, what’s the hurry.
Took license, came back looking at the rifle in the passenger seat and advised to slow down.
Ok, thank you and kicked it back up to 80.

Latest posts

Top Bottom