Things getting spicy down in Okmulgee county. LEO standoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to see the video, seems the lighthouse police knew they couldn’t take their prisoners there and did anyway… an i missing sonething?

Lighthorse is cross-commissioned in most of the area they patrol, and vice-versa with other departments having tribal ticket books.

LH had the right to arrest this prisoner, Okmulgee County wasn’t sure of it, and was hesitant to book him.

The video looks like a clash of egos, and a mistake in prisoner handling.
If the jail wasn’t going to take him, they shouldn’t have taken him into a secure booking area. LH Northcross shouldn’t have lost his cool and tried to force his way into the secure area. A calm discussion would have verified that LH had jurisdiction, and the guy would have been booked.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lighthorse is cross-commissioned in most of the area they patrol, and vice-versa with other departments having tribal ticket books.

LH had the right to arrest this prisoner, Okmulgee County wasn’t sure of it, and was hesitant to book him.

The video looks like a clash of egos, and a mistake in prisoner handling.
If the jail wasn’t going to take him, they shouldn’t have taken him into a secure booking area. LH Northcross shouldn’t have lost his cool and tried to force his way into the secure area. A calm discussion would have verified that LH had jurisdiction, and the guy would have been booked.
I was just going off the report. Seemed to indicate that the jail might have made it clear they didn't recognize this tribal police before.

I don’t know but I still think all the special segregation and special privileges should be dropped. We all live under the same laws now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know but I still think all the special segregation and special privileges should be dropped. We all live under the same laws now.
This special law for certain citizens puts us into third world country designation like Afghanistan where tribal warlords ruled their districts with laws for their liking that benefitted one group over another.
We need to be one law for every person in the state.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This special law for certain citizens puts us into third world country designation like Afghanistan where tribal warlords ruled their districts with laws for their liking that benefitted one group over another.
We need to be one law for every person in the state.
Agree 100 percent. All of the segregation due to race needs to stop.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, but the problem with stereotypes is they have a basis in truth. While we may or may not agree with them, they exist for a reason.
They exist only in our minds, if we allow it. Stereotypes is a very lazy way to live. Individuals is where to look.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
They exist only in our minds, if we allow it. Stereotypes is a very lazy way to live. Individuals is where to look.
While I generally agree, there is a part of every population that propagates the stereotype. I'm sure that most people are somewhat good, but there are situations you wouldn't put your family in due to those stereotypes. So, it's not so much lazy as it is concern.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that about 5-6 years ago the Chickasaw tribe had a contract and with the Seminole County jail and the Chickasaws use Lighthorse Police also. Don't know anything about other tribes or how long these "contracts" run. McGirt has opened up a big a$$ can of worms,

Latest posts

Top Bottom