Things not to say ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A man was speeding in his car. A police officer pulls in behind the man and turns on his warning lights. The car pulls over to the shoulder and off to the side of the road. The officer gets out of his car and walks up to the mans car.
The officer says to the man:
"Hello. Can I please see your drivers license and insurance verification please?"
The man answers very mannerly with:
"I'm sorry officer,my license is in my other pants,and my insurance is in my other car."
The mans wife, who was in the passenger seat, then says:
"Officer,he's lying. He doesnt have a drivers license. It was suspended for drunk driving. He said he was going to drive until he got caught and then he was going to try and lie about it to get out of trouble. And he doesnt have insurance because he didnt pay the bill".
The man then becomes very angry and looks at his wife and says in a low voice but overheard by the officer:
"Will you just shut the hell up before I smack you one".
The officer immediately says to the woman:
"Ma'am,does he always talk to you like this?"
The woman answers:
"O no. Only when he's been drinking..."

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was pulled over a year or so ago for going 75 in a 65, the officer walked up and asked me if I knew how fast I was going, me thinking I was witty replied, "You're the one with the radar" then I kinda chuckled, he didn't

That joke has crossed my mind too but I have run across 1 or 2 guys that I doubt would have seen the humor in it and you never know which kind of person you're dealing with or what kind of a day they are having, so I have always kept it to myself.

I have found that you establish the fact that you aren't an idiot or threat, you can actually argue your case. I got pulled over once and the Highway Patrolman said he pulled me over for a moving violation(which was legit - my dumb self went into a parking lot through an exit only lane - one of those deals where by the time I saw the sign I was committed to the turn and there was oncoming traffic so I had to follow through) but he said I wasn't wearing my seatbelt either - which was wrong. I haven't driven a vehicle without my seatbelt on in a VERY long time, it's not something I forget. So after we had a short conversation about the moving violation, I explained to him that I am a 100% of the time seat belt user and the fact that my seatbelt chime doesn't ever shut up so I'd definitely know if I wasn't wearing it and either he didn't want to argue or he believed me because he let it go.

BTW: Question for the LEOs do the dash cams have the resolution to tell whether or not a driver is belted in? I thought about asking him to check the video because he might have been able to see me take it off but I didn't know if he'd be able to see that and like I said, he let it go so it wasn't necessary.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
:spitlaugh

True story ... GC was out on patrol around the Capitol area when there was a call out for an accident on Lincoln. He got there, blocked the road and walked up to a damaged car that a woman was sitting in (behind the wheel). He asked her if she was okay. She said yes. He asked for her insurance and driver's license. She said "That's okay. I'll just wait for the real police to get here." :sunbath:

THIS!!!!! Not to me but one of my fellow deputies pulled over our county commissioner's special assistant(AKA Secretary). First comment out of her mouth when he walked up was "you can't give me a ticket, your not the real police!" It went south from there with her showing her backside to where she got a free trip to the jail. I was working pre-admissions that night, and the moment the cuffs were off the fight was on till she got a dose of electricity!

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
The old couple came out of the store and saw the cop writing a parking ticket. The old man told the old lady, "watch this". He proceed to go over and give the cop hell, telling him he is harassing honest citizens, wasn't he supposed to be at the donut shop, etc.
The cop just writes another ticket and sticks it under the windshield wiper. The old man starts on him again for a while, and the cop writes another ticket.
The old lady walks over and tells the old man, "Are you done yet? If you don't stop, we're gonna miss our bus! There it is."
As they are walking off, the cop hears the old man telling the old lady - I wonder who that car belongs too?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THIS!!!!! Not to me but one of my fellow deputies pulled over our county commissioner's special assistant(AKA Secretary). First comment out of her mouth when he walked up was "you can't give me a ticket, your not the real police!" It went south from there with her showing her backside to where she got a free trip to the jail. I was working pre-admissions that night, and the moment the cuffs were off the fight was on till she got a dose of electricity!

The one I witnessed that may even me go "WTF??" was the black gal that GC pulled over on the highway. She had a toddler crawling around in the back windshield (you know that flat spot behind the back seat) of her car ... bunch of home boys fillin' up the car.

First words outta her mouth were "You just pullin' me over cuz I'm a ******"

Yeah, no really, that is what she said.

No ... you got pulled over cuz your tag was out ... way, way out ... you kid is not restrained and you are speeding like a bat outta hell.

I could not do that job ... :mad: She would still be trying to find somebody to bond her out if that had been me that pulled her over that day. :flamed:

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year all the lights in and on my Rabbit died suddenly at a traffic light. Over the next few weeks I pulled everything but my seat and steering wheel out troubleshooting the fault. It was winter, and I got stuck at work a few too many minutes and had to drive home in the dark.

Sure enough, I got pulled over, and as the officer walked up to the car he could hardly believe it actually ran on its own. He was also surprised that I did in fact carry full coverage insurance, and that my non-lit tag was current. I explained my wiring mystery, and regret at being caught out after dark.

A few minutes later he returned, and informed me that I was being cited for no tag light, and that it carried a fine of $300. I wasn't angry with him at all, but a little bummed out, and thought to myself "man, I don't even have $300 in this whole car!" He stood there for a few seconds watching me looking miserable, then blurted out "Just messin' with ya! But head straight home, and try to get those lights working soon."

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy lie to me about something while writing a ticket, then he complained to my department because I wrote the ticket based on what he told me.... he didn't realize I was trying to cut him a little slack and lied because he thought he could get out of it.... but that only made things worse for him oh well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom