Think this Trooper 'Jumped the Gun'?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya and I agree. I don't think the police are policing themselves more, I just think they are doing a better job of getting that fact out to the general public. There was a day when you would have never heard this story - but the fact would have still remained that the trooper would have lost his job and been brought up on charges. I know of instances of OHP policing their own I know of over the last 15 years that I've known GC that have not made the news ...

This is something that has always bothered me about the "general public", not just regarding police issues but about just about everything in life. They hear something on the 6 o'clock news and extrapolate all kinds of stupid **** from a 60 second new burp ... :nolike: It's just ludicrious ... And you can't talk to them about NUTHIN' ... Nope, nothing doing ... "I saw it on the news ..." Lordy, it wears me thin ... lol

I'm not a big fan of deleting posts, banning folks or censorship in general but I am NOT gonna let things go back to the way they were. Ain't gonna happen. If that makes me a biased ... or a ***** ... or even a biased ***** ... :P well then so be it. I've been called worse.

So you're saying there's been even more instances of bad acting than we even know about. Do tell.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you're saying there's been even more instances of bad acting than we even know about. Do tell.

Yep, there have been. Think that is true of every department out there. And the vast majority of the time the guys have gotten what they deserved. That's why I've never understood why people think I'm a holster-sniffer. I'm as much against the trend in law enforcement to see and treat EVERYBODY as criminals as you guys are.

What I'm not willing to do is paint all LE as a bunch of thugs. We have a lot of problems here but living in a police state is not one of them. If we lived in a police state, the guys who are screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs that all cops are the debil and we must actively rise up and defeat THEM would be in jail ... or worse ...

I'm just not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water because trends can be turned around. I asked GC the other night if cops were trained to look at every one as a mass murderer -- I can't remember what it was that prompted the discussion. Might very well have been this exact news story. -- and he said "You know, I dunno. That's not how I was trained and if it is what they are teaching these youngsters coming up it isn't right."

Still I believe there is a problem at the training level. And the OHP captain who said if you don't want to get raped, don't do anything to have us contact you or something to that effect, is a prime example of the problem. It should not be an US vs. THEM ... But ... if it is gonna be an US vs. THEM then it behooves us as civilians to use our brains, not our mouths, when dealing with "THEM" ... THAT is all I've ever said on the subject.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The victim was guilty of DWB and terrible decision making. The trooper is guilty of having an itchy trigger finger. Thank God the victim did not die. Kudos to the troopers for cutting the trooper from their ranks.

Let this be a lesson kids, the cops fear you, don't make sudden moves without telling them what you're doing.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The victim was guilty of DWB and terrible decision making. The trooper is guilty of having an itchy trigger finger. Thank God the victim did not die. Kudos to the troopers for cutting the trooper from their ranks.

Let this be a lesson kids, the cops fear you, don't make sudden moves without telling them what you're doing.

DWB. ... really..... you can prove that?

I will completely agree with your last statement, that when I am pulled over the cops fear me, but they don't know me, so I would say they are wise to have a bit of cautious fear as they interact with me.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DWB. ... really..... you can prove that?

I will completely agree with your last statement, that when I am pulled over the cops fear me, but they don't know me, so I would say they are wise to have a bit of cautious fear as they interact with me.

The troopers only justification for stopping him was a seal belt violation. Seatbelt violations are a throw in or instead of citation. I doubt that any cop on this board stops any auto with a single passenger solely for a seatbelt violation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom