Thinkin' 'bout switchin' over to Rugers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason, I've got this hankerin' for a Ruger SR40 and a Ruger LCR for my carry combo. Right now, I tote a Glock 22C and a Smith & Wesson J frame model 38 Airweight Bodyguard as my carry combo, but the Ruger combo is lookin' mighty sexy for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that they are both American made. :patriot:

I dunno. :scratch:

Anyways. Does anybody here own an SR40? How do they stack up against the Glock? I've never even picked one up - what does the grip feel like compared to the Glock? Are they more like a Beretta 92, a third gen Smith & Wesson auto (5906/4006) or perhaps a Ruger P series? Are they noticeably heavier than a Glock?

I know we have quite a few LCR owners here. Are they better than the S&W Jaybirds? I'm gonna have a hard time swallowing any info given on the LCR (being the S&W fan I am) but I'm all ears. How do they recoil with the poly frame compared to the aluminum Airweight frames? What's the trigger like? Do they fit in the pocket better or worse than a J frame?

Mostly I'm wanting the SR40 because I am sick and :censored:ING tired of the Glock grip. :pissed: After 20 years totin' one, I think I'm finished with 'em. I mean...all these other companies have evolved with their plastic pistols, offering various options and improvements, yet Glock remains basically unchanged for the last 25 years. :rolleyes2

Oh well...your thoughts and comments please. :sunbath:

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the SR9c and love it. Grip on it is actually really nice and the trigger is pretty nice as well. Short crisp clean.

I don't know about the LCR but I have eyeballed them as well...

trade in the tupperware and get somethin that makes ya proud to be an American.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a double downgrade to me. Ruger's plastic framed guns just feel cheap to me. But a buddy of mine has like 4 of them and loves them all. YMMV.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED, you need to check this out.

I'm just sayin...

Yeah, I saw that. :pms2:

After a long talk with myself, I reckon I'll just stick with me Glocks. I mean hell...I've toted one for damn near 20 years now and during that time frame, they've never belched on me and did everything I've ever asked them to do. So why in the hell would I switch? :ugh2:

Last edited:

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that. :pms3:

After a long talk with myself, I reckon I'll just stick with me Glocks. I mean hell...I've toted one for damn near 20 years now and during that time frame, they've never belched on me and did everything I've ever asked them to do. So why in the hell would I switch? :ugh2:

times change, things improve and ergonomics are a wonderful thing. I'd rather shoot one of the new rugers than a glock but I've never been a glock fan and just don't like how they feel in my hand.

but tradin a smith j frame for the lcr I dunno about still

csiedmond1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that. :pms3:

I think the two of you have made a great decision!!! :)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
times change, things improve and ergonomics are a wonderful thing. I'd rather shoot one of the new rugers than a glock but I've never been a glock fan and just don't like how they feel in my hand.

but tradin a smith j frame for the lcr I dunno about still

Nah! I probably won't. :disappoin If I DO wind up getting rid of this Glock 22C, it'll be for an M&P 40.

I'm one of those weirdos who believes in brand loyalty. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom