Thinking about moving again .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Equador. I've been researching it a long while. Live like a king on $1500 a month. Condos are cheap, medical and dental exceed the US for pennies on the dollar. Lots od American expats already there and the natives are taught English in school, as tourism is their only income.
Look at it. Get a 90 day visa and try it..

Last edited:

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe a silly question, but how do you protect yourself in the countries that are south of the US if they have gun restrictions? I've thought about Alaska and you could ship your guns there via an FFL. Personally, I'd send everything but the receivers with serial number ahead and have the receivers sent by an FFL.
Just drive and take them on the boat.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Equador. I've been researching it a long while. Live like a king on $1590 a month. Condos are cheap, medical and dental exceed the US for pennies on the dollar. Lots od American expats already there and the natives are taught English in school, as tourism is their only income.
Look at it. Get a 90 day visa and try it..

Interesting. I'd not considered Equador. And that is literally half of the "allowance" I've given myself to play around with for decision making purposes so ... 🤷🤷

Thanks for the head's up ...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. I'd not considered Equador. And that is literally half of the "allowance" I've given myself to play around with for decision making purposes so ... 🤷🤷

Thanks for the head's up ...
No need to own a car, public transport is so cheap and plentyful. Paid for condo on the beach for cheap (look at real estate in equador). Pool boy and a maid plus other cost for around 1500 a month.
wanna take a road trip to Belize, rent a car for 35 a day.
This is where I am setting my sights once my mother is gone

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recent conversations with a well-travelled co-worker and the miserable state of health care here has me rethinking this option ...

Although I may have to go without Grumpy. And no, I am not joking this time. I am sick and tired of having doctors gaslight, minimize and treat me like I'm some kind of mental case. (Yes, I know I'm MENTAL but that is a different conversation.) All I know is the next doctor that tells me that not being able to get out of bed for an ENTIRE month is "normal" and "I just need to get used to it" is gonna be digging my thumbs outta their eyesockets. 😤

It is my very limited understanding as of right now that medical care can be much more affordable overseas. Any stories from personal experience? Or from the friend of a friend of a friend of a business associate?? I'm just now beginning to seriously research this so any comments are welcome. Thanks guys!
Have you seen a hematologist? My wife has thyroid and other issues related to autoimmune problems. Have you had your thyroid levels checked?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know someone that one of their daughters was going to move to Portland this year. She had a job lined up and everything and then she decided to move to L.A. instead. I don't know if that's much better.

I also know a guy that has lived here all of his life that is moving his family from here to California. When I asked him why, his response was " because it's not here".

F'em. Bye.

I've lived other places. OK so far is at the tip top of the list, and it ain't close.

Latest posts

Top Bottom