Thinking about moving again .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recent conversations with a well-travelled co-worker and the miserable state of health care here has me rethinking this option ...

Although I may have to go without Grumpy. And no, I am not joking this time. I am sick and tired of having doctors gaslight, minimize and treat me like I'm some kind of mental case. (Yes, I know I'm MENTAL but that is a different conversation.) All I know is the next doctor that tells me that not being able to get out of bed for an ENTIRE month is "normal" and "I just need to get used to it" is gonna be digging my thumbs outta their eyesockets. 😤

It is my very limited understanding as of right now that medical care can be much more affordable overseas. Any stories from personal experience? Or from the friend of a friend of a friend of a business associate?? I'm just now beginning to seriously research this so any comments are welcome. Thanks guys!

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Recent conversations with a well-travelled co-worker and the miserable state of health care here has me rethinking this option ...

Although I may have to go without Grumpy. And no, I am not joking this time. I am sick and tired of having doctors gaslight, minimize and treat me like I'm some kind of mental case. (Yes, I know I'm MENTAL but that is a different conversation.) All I know is the next doctor that tells me that not being able to get out of bed for an ENTIRE month is "normal" and "I just need to get used to it" is gonna be digging my thumbs outta their eyesockets. 😤

It is my very limited understanding as of right now that medical care can be much more affordable overseas. Any stories from personal experience? Or from the friend of a friend of a friend of a business associate?? I'm just now beginning to seriously research this so any comments are welcome. Thanks guys!

The surgeries and medical stuff offered in other countries are cheaper I hear. I know of a few people that have gone to Mexico and Canada to have things done. Some things aren’t regulated there as they are here.

Gotta have a good income to still afford it though. To move to a different country and have the income to get the stuff done you seek is probably not going to happen. I may be wrong though.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

sorry i probably missed it but what is the cause? pain? paralysis? cancer?

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I once ran into a youtube video of a guy (American) living on a (ocean) sailboat, he had a interesting take on health care. Cant remember the name on the poster though, sorry!

Some points were outa country care.
One point I remember was about (prescription) drugs being dished out by a pharmacist, bypassing doctors! Legally!

The US health care (industry) is held hostage by big Pharma, politics and the insurance industry!

I cant get past loosing my rights to leave the boarder! Guess I am stuck here! Lol

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The surgeries and medical stuff offered in other countries are cheaper I hear. I know of a few people that have gone to Mexico and Canada to have things done. Some things aren’t regulated there as they are here.

Gotta have a good income to still afford it though. To move to a different country and have the income to get the stuff done you seek is probably not going to happen. I may be wrong though.

Lol what do you think I'm gonna have done?? I already had a breast reduction. (And true to American medical standards I'm STILL a 36DD. So much for "petite and perky" 🙄🙄 Lol)

Honestly though, the CFS and autoimmune issues I have are becoming impossible to ignore. Even Scott is saying I'm getting worse, even though I have done EVERYTHING the doctors have told me to do. For example, I woke up (6:30 am) feeling decent this morning so I: got up, piddled around the garden a bit, took care of the critters, and spent an hour and a half running errands -- 4 stops at 4 different stores, no window shopping or wandering aimlessly. In, got what was on the list, out. Stopped at Sonic on the way home for a large ice water with extra ice. Fed the baby sparrow. Started a load of laundry. Straightened up the kitchen. Started going through the paperwork for an appointment I have with a functional doctor coming up Thursday. By the time Scott was getting ready to leave for work (1 pm) I was starting up with the headache and nausea. By 2 I had crashed. When I say crashed I mean it took every ounce of energy I had to go crawl in bed. Woke up at 6 this evening. Still exhausted but ... Ehhh ... Baby bird needed feeding. And the outside critters needed their waterers checked. I'm a little better now but am fixing to go crawl back in bed because I feel like I've dug ditches all day. (So that should tell you just how bad this afternoon was ...)

I've tried everything I know. Haven't eaten any sugar (except what is in the fruit I have for breakfast), processed food or Diet Coke -- I was an addict plain and simple -- in SEVERAL weeks now. Like 3, 4 months. No change. I've weaned myself off the 20 some-odd meds I was on ... Except for pain management and that just isn't gonna happen with my physical injuries. Again ... No change.

Doctor last week told me this was all normal for a 64 yo woman in "reasonable" health. 😳 Call me unrealistic but ... Yeah ... I don't think she's got any idea what she's talking about.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once ran into a youtube video of a guy (American) living on a (ocean) sailboat, he had a interesting take on health care. Cant remember the name on the poster though, sorry!

Some points were outa country care.
One point I remember was about (prescription) drugs being dished out by a pharmacist, bypassing doctors! Legally!

The US health care (industry) is held hostage by big Pharma, politics and the insurance industry!

I cant get past loosing my rights to leave the boarder! Guess I am stuck here! Lol

I agree about healthcare being ****ed. Though I tend to believe the healthcare industry is in on it too and those of us who pay for insurance that won't cover what doctors ask for while demanding tests we don't need are the ones getting the shakedown.

You and Scott are a lot alike in that respect (Oh noes my guns ... 😉). I maintain that if he felt like I do all the time for just ONE day he'd be rethinking his priorities. I don't fault either of you though. Like I said -- just different priorities right now.

I'll look around and see if I can find that YTer. Thanks for the heads up.

Eta: How come I can't see your profile?? You hiding from me?? 😳😭😭 How'm I gonna stalk you?? 🤣🤣🤣

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only thing I can add is that when we had our medical equipment company, we had a lot of customers from countries with socialized medicine. Wheelchairs, cushions, all kinds of stuff their government would not buy for them.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can only think of one thing those two countries are well known for…
I agree. I’ve been to the Philippines, never to Thailand, but it looks nice. Very low cost of living, nice people, almost everyone speaks English to one degree or another. If the US gets too expensive for me that’s where I’m going. (Oh and don’t think all the women are whores there. Even the whores are about the same as an average American girl at a bar. The rest of the Philippines is highly catholic).

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I logged probably hundreds of hours going to dr visits and hauling my Mom to er visits in her up there years.

And I can understand where you are coming from by the experience of her many disappointments in the medical field.

I will say not all were bad. Some truly care, some are just pill peddlers, and some should be doing a different profession!

I thank God He saw to it that I could be there for my Mom almost everytime she needed help.

I thank God that He gave my Mom the strength and will to do all that she did, and with the little help I could provide being here with her, that her wish of not going in a nursing home came true!

She made it past 90 and did much for herself! In the end she was healed and recieved a new body! I will see her again someday!

May God bless you in your journey, I pray you see healing and feel better.

I believe God placed a cure for every condition here on earth, we just have to find it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom