this guy must have seen alot of bears before.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A grizzly, yeah I would be scared but not so much a black bear. They are just curious, and more scared of us then we are of them. Back in Romania, we used to leave food out and black bears would come out and eat while we sat around and watched them, fairly close. It was neat.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife gave me a bear hunt in Canada for my 40th birthday. The guide told me to expect the bears to climb my tree and check me out. The first one came up behind me and I never saw him till the tree shook a couple times and I looked down and he had slapped the tree with his paws to climb up. He came up right under the stand and watched me for a few seconds and then got down and ignored me. The second one did too but he chewed on some branches under me. It was not scary because I was expecting it. He had even told me to be ready for one to climb up the tree past me and if it did...get ready because it was scared and a really big one was coming in. They are cool animals.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing that because the guy was in a ladder-stand (I'm assuming that's what it was), he had a black bear-killing sized rifle and that contributed to his demeanor. That would probably keep me calm - then again, I probably would have shot/said something earlier.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A grizzly, yeah I would be scared but not so much a black bear. They are just curious, and more scared of us then we are of them. Back in Romania, we used to leave food out and black bears would come out and eat while we sat around and watched them, fairly close. It was neat.

Yeah but in the rare occurrence that a black bear attacks your are SCREWED, because if a black bear attacks you it's because it is going to eat you. I want no part of any bear - God made them that big for a reason, it was so man would looks at it and think to himself "Don't screw with that unless you have a weapon and a plan."

Latest posts

Top Bottom