This is Ridiculous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the winners get to write the history books....

Rebels and Indians alike fought against the federal government. To lose for a just cause is no dishonor, and one must accept the humiliation that comes with defeat.

You reckon all those Union soldiers realized where we'd be 150 years on.....nah, I'm pretty sure they'd not sweat at Vicksburg or freeze in the winter for this insane asylum we've become.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how many actually clicked the article, but in addition to the USS Chancellorsville, they’re also planning on renaming Ft Hood, Ft Bragg and Ft Rucker among other places. I don’t know why these places were named after Confederate generals in the first place, but the point is that there is a military tradition and history associated with these bases and re-naming them erases much of that. It would be like re-designating the 101st Airborne as the 16th Airborne.
The jabberwokies don't understand history. Throughout time victors have incorporated the vanquished (if they didn't go to the trouble of exterminating them) into their societies. This was done to establish peace and promote tranquility. One way to accomplish this was to incorporate their naming conventions, iconology and devotions into the newly established order.

A great example would be Constantine and Theodosius. It's one thing to declare Christianity THE official religion, but getting buy-in is another. One way was to incorporate more than a few Pagan, Ankh, Celtic, Greek, Goth, Zoroastrian (etc.) symbols and rituals into Christianity. As monotheistic religions go, Christianity is pretty modular and inclusive.

In the same way, the North knew they'd never have peace if they didn't accept certain contributions from the South after the Civil War. Had they just come in and tried to wipe out the heritage of the South, terrorism and guerilla warfare would've become prevalent. America never would've risen to world power and we'd be a 2nd World country to this day.

The jabberwokies think enough time has passed that they can dispense with the niceties and erase that history. I guess they didn't notice that people still see meaning in crosses, prayers, Christmas trees, etc., and that's some 1,700+ years on.
Ft. Liberty...how fcking douchy is that? They had some serious name options available and they go with that sh*t. Me and some bros were talking about this...some are still there so they get a rash of sh*t from us.

Why not Ft. Ridgeway, or Ft. Gavin, or Ft. Zabitosky or Simons. WTF. I bet they didn't go with any former Bragg heroes because they were straight up men and there was no way they could wrap an inclusive-woke-rainbow tortilla around that fckd up burrito.
They'd be more likely to name one Ft. Manning. :rolleyes2

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The world has been ending on OSA since 2005....... funny how we are all still here.
The good news is that world doesn't ever really end. Society won't actually collapse.
The bad news is that it just becomes less and less functional and coherent and limps along ankle deep in it's own trash for a very long time until no one remembers what it was like to have things work and no one is allowed to say how to make it work again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom