This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Ozark Armory in Springdale, AR today to pick up another full size 9mm JUST IN CASE. I'm trying to get the hi-cap magazines covered. I ended up buying an M&P9 and with some spare mags and grip extensions so that I can share with my M&P9c. Pretty happy with my S&Ws.

Here's the meat of the story, though. While I was being helped, a random woman came up and asked if they had any AK-15s or AR-77s. She looked absolutely lost. After she somehow managed to get her hands on an AR, she went and retrieved a box of 7.62x54 for it. When told she needed different ammunition, and that all they had left was expensive stuff, she got angry about their selection.

Apparently they sold over 100 ARs yesterday and were well past 50 today at 1. Phones were ringing off the hook. People were buying anything they could get their hands on. One guy literally bought an Uzi just because they had it. It's like people with no legitimate use for these guns are now speculating and buying to make a quick buck. They'll probably leave them unsecured at home and eventually contribute to the problem that's caused the run on guns.

By the time I left (took 2 hours) people were beginning to look at Mini-14s. The guys next to me were buying a Ruger .270 and a Marlin 336. We had a good laugh, asked if they had any high capacity clips for his Marlin assault lever action, or any armor piercing .30-30 bullets.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you haven't seen this- shot-show-2012-mossberg-tactical-lever-action-30-30-22lr.jpg

That's Mossberg's latest tactical lever action 30-30. Its real. Maybe they will make one of those rotating mag tube extension for this like they do the Saiga semis.... Then it will be called a lever-action gattling gun, oh the horrors!

Latest posts

Top Bottom