This makes me SICK...Spoonbill Poaching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujuboy77

Marksman
Reaction score
wow i had no idea!!! this is crazy!!! i have never gone after the spoonbill (im a lazy fisherman, ie rod, reel, worms, lawn chair, beer.) but i had no idea that this was going on, i know that some people push limits and sizes, and i agree its a problem but this is the kind of stuff that makes things exstinct(sp?) i agree its nothing to start a private war about but as fishermen if we do stay on top and report these things we can "reduce" the problem i know its not going away

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree. This sounds crazy! I didn't even know what the hell a Spoonbill was. Can you guys hook a brotha up with a link on what the limit on caviar harvest is? What's a good way to tell they are over their limit(the tarped processing plant aside)? Thanks hombres!

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree. This sounds crazy! I didn't even know what the hell a Spoonbill was. Can you guys hook a brotha up with a link on what the limit on caviar harvest is? What's a good way to tell they are over their limit(the tarped processing plant aside)? Thanks hombres!

1 fish per person per day, and must be tagged...and not on Mondays or Fridays.

Wildlife Department said:
No person can possess the eggs of more than one paddlefish that are still attached to the egg membrane. In addition, no person can possess more than three (3) pounds of either processed paddlefish eggs or fresh paddlefish eggs removed from the membrane. "Processed eggs" are any eggs taken from a paddlefish that have gone through a process which makes the eggs into the product caviar or into a caviar-like product.

I just re-read the regulations, and they are even stricter now, and specifically ban snagging during night hours at the area we've been discussing.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/fishregs/paddlefishregs.htm

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

38/44HEAVY

Marksman
Reaction score
Game wardens in my area (grand river between 412 hwy and flat rock) working very hard. They set up on islands in the river and in my dock catching people that keep more than one. Wardens very active there.
Mike Graham - Broken Arrow

Latest posts

Top Bottom