This was kinda wierd?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seller was a felon I would assume, felons should not own guns, why wasn't he arrested and prosecuted?

Mike

Probably because he wasn't a felon? If he was the pawn shop would have called the police. Ask how many guys here get turned down on their checks, I know a couple that have PIN #s because they are always turned down on the initial.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either way it sounds like it would be good for the OP to know the details... I think that the seller kinda owes him that.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy that owns a pawn shop, he said the reason that you have to do a 4473 when you pick up your gun, is because it is possible that the person did something that would not allow them to own a gun after they pawned it

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are so damned noisy ... worse than a bunch o' girls ... why should he leave feedback?? He didn't get screwed ... everybody got what they wanted ... it was just "weird" ...

While I don't know that I would have sold a gun I had in pawn (actually I would have sold it instead of pawning it if things were that bad) just because somebody else does doesn't make it any of your business who ...

Sheesh ...

Hey, hipshot!! PM me, handsome!! LOL ;)

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are no requirements for the person selling/pawning the gun to the pawn shop other than providing a current DL/ID and providing a written affidavit of ownership.

The person might not have been a felon and they might also be the case where it is mistaken, but if it was my firearm and it was a case of mistaken I would be contacting the ATF if I wanted the gun back.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. They wanted you to sign a piece of paper that says you are KNOWINGLY buying a gun from someone that is in violation of the law for owning said gun? Yikes! No way would I have bought it. Then again I've turned down buying a gun because the private/non-ffl seller wants my name, phone, address, etc.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then again I've turned down buying a gun because the private/non-ffl seller wants my name, phone, address, etc.

Really? I insist on a bill of sale whether I'm buying or selling. It protects both parties. I don't trust anyone, except maybe blood kin, and even some of those guys are a little on the shady side.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another member had a firearm for sale in the classifieds that I was interested in, I p.m.'d him and we made a deal, I had to meet him at a pawn shop to pick it up. I thought he just needed the money to get it out of pawn but the clerk asked him when he walked in if had figured out what to do with it? He replied that he was going to sell it to me. Then the clerk gave me a 4473 to fill out and after that he handed me another paper and told me to read it and sign it? It was a paper stating that I was buying the gun from a guy that was prohibited from buying or possesing a firearm and I was buying it from him and could not give it to him or sell it to him or loan it to him for any reason. I have never seen that or heard of that before and was just wondering if anyone else here had ever seen that before?

This is the pawnshops way of trying to protect themselves from a "Strawman" purchase. In case you went out the door and handed the guy his gun back when he is a prohibited person.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but what about this part?

Just hocking it and not being able to get it back doesn't mean he can no longer legally own anymore guns.

The paper I signed and he signed also stated specifically that he was not allowed to possess a firearm. The pawn shop had me fill out the 4473 and did a NICS check on me so the gun is mine. My a$$ is covered. I think I will p.m. the member and see if he will fill me in on the situation? I really don't care because I got a pretty good deal on the gun. I just thought it was weird that it happened that way. He did not tell me about the paper up front but did tell me I would have to do the 4473.

Latest posts

Top Bottom