This was kinda wierd?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? I insist on a bill of sale whether I'm buying or selling. It protects both parties. I don't trust anyone, except maybe blood kin, and even some of those guys are a little on the shady side.

I'm not very trusting either when it comes to guns. Hence, I don't give all my personal info to a stranger who now knows I'm a gun enthusiast.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uncool to bring a buyer in and expect him/her to complete a deal that smells even a little bit fishy. I would have had to say sayonara.

seurto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd agree that it was sorta uncool of the seller to forget to mention it to the buyer.. At the same time, some of you guys think the worst of people, and then expect a seller to think the best of you?

Coulda been that the guy was gonna buy the gun, and when they did the NICS check he was denied because his ex-wife falsly filed a re-straining order against him (without him knowing, and hadnt been served) and the store wouldnt refund his money..

Happened to me.. Although, the store did refund my money..
I had 10 guns at home, hadnt convicted any felonies, and was declined.. The next day I finally got served my domestic violence "restraining order" from my ex.. All it took was her "testimony" to a judge.. No proof. Month later it was dropped, and I got custody of my daughter as long as I didnt ask for child support. So, not EVERYBODY who gets turned down is a convicted felon..

On the flip side, when selling a gun to someone, I always get thier name and DL#, just write it on a peice of paper and throw it in the safe.. Cuz you never know where that gun may end up, and if your the last person recorded as having possession of it "legally", its only in your best interest to have SOME kind of record to track down the person you sold it to.. IMO..

But hey, if he was a felon, atleast you got a good deal and kept it out of his or any of his buddies hands.. Keeping the rest of us safe.. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom