Those hiding glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaketinaboxer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you cary? it's always been a question of mine with a gun and no safety. I cary on duty in a level 3, and it's chambered. But now that i'm considering getting my conceled i'm a little aprehensive of carying a gun with no safety? anyone else had these same thoughts?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Open top IWB (Milt Sparks EX). I have absolutely no concerns regarding the lack of an external manual safety or retention strap. It's a professional setup and shouldn't cause concern.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has plenty of safeties. The biggest one is your finger. As for the rumors of a lack of safety, they were based on the fact that Glock handguns were one of, if not the first, semi-automatic handguns designed with no external safety lever. However, there are more safeties on a Glock handgun than there are on any revolver. The Glock handguns all have three safety mechanisms: 1) the trigger safety, 2) the firing pin safety, and c) the drop safety. The only way a Glock handgun will fire is for the trigger to be pulled fully to the rear. The Glock is neither a technically true Single Action, nor a Double Action. Glock calls its action the "Safe Action", which is close to a Double Action.

okienate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i plan on carrying mine in an IWB with one chambered...I trust Glocks.

Same here. If you carry with an empty chamber, what you have done is converted a fine handgun into a really fancy "ammo carrier"! Any gun's natural state is loaded and ready to go. The only effective safety that matters can be traced from between your ears to your trigger finger.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would trust the M&P, XD, Glock, Kahr, Sigma, yada, yada, yada.

All these pistols are safe with a round in the pipe as long as you have a good holster.

My S&W 686 was always fully loaded when I worked security a hundred years ago. My opinion is an unloaded gun is just that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom