Those hiding glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdward4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also echo the sentiment of all of the responders. I am a new CWL holder (4 months) and I recently went through this same issue. I chose a G26 for my EDC and Comptac MTAC holster (with a SmartCarry for gym type clothes). I too was very apprehensive about carrying chamber loaded :o, but about 3 weeks into it, I felt comfortable enough to start trying it. At this point, I couldnt imagine not carrying loaded, as you simply cannot rely on remembering to rack the slide (nor will you have time) when its "go time" :cannon:. I am confident that you will eventually reach this point, its simply a point you have to reach on your own. I hope this helps :thumb:.

Southrange61

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Glock 26 that I carry in a Comp-tac 2-O'clock holster, which fully covers the trigger guard. When wearing long pants it works well under an un-tucked sport shirt then IWB. When wearing cargo shorts for informal wear, I slip the whole holster (with gun) into a front pocket of the shorts. It fits nicely there and due to the holster, doesn't print like a gun. I specifically selected these shorts for this reason and bought several pairs. I carry a spare mag in the opposite site pocket of whatever pants/shorts I'm wearing. Glock 10 or 12-round mags don't take up much space.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's always a 1911...that is currently my EDC and i carry it with one in the pipe and the hammer back...thumb safety applied of course...I have that option.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First day I carried I had one in the pipe. Think about all the revolvers and mouseguns without external safeties. If your not comfortable with it dont do it until you are though.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you cary? it's always been a question of mine with a gun and no safety. I cary on duty in a level 3, and it's chambered. But now that i'm considering getting my conceled i'm a little aprehensive of carying a gun with no safety? anyone else had these same thoughts?

Nope, no concerns at all.
I carry a G23, chambered, in an open top K&D Maverick Defender IWB @ 2:00

Remember:
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.
:teach:

TJohn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used a Galco Ultra Deep Cover tuckable holster with glock 26 and 27 at approximately 4 to 5 o'clock and it has worked for me both tucked and untucked with the right shirt. The same holster will work for a Glock 19/23 as well, although I think I prefer the Galco Summer Comfort SUM226 (not tuckable though) for the larger gun, as it cants the gun forward a little helping to hide the grip more in line with your body. I usually wear a t-shirt tucked in under the holster with a tucked or untucked button up shirt over it. I have carried this way for about a year now and have had no problems. I always carry chambered and I have never seen a Glock go off without having it's trigger pulled, but I have seen mechanical safeties fail on .22 rifles and AK-47/WASR-10's and allow you to pop of a round with the gun on safe! So, you can't always depend on mechanical safeties anyhow; 99.9% of gun safety it is safe gun handling/training, (proper mindset and use/placement of your trigger finger).

man of many calibers

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you cary? it's always been a question of mine with a gun and no safety. I cary on duty in a level 3, and it's chambered. But now that i'm considering getting my conceled i'm a little aprehensive of carying a gun with no safety? anyone else had these same thoughts?

I am still a little freaked out by your question.
"On duty" makes me think you are in law enforcement, but then when you said you are thinking about getting your concealed that rules out law enforcement because you don't need one.

Security??
Armored Car??

Latest posts

Top Bottom