Those hiding glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they way i've read it, a police officer can only conceal carry a firearm that has been approved through their department / chief, etc... for some departments, you have to qualify with that firearm before they'll sign off on you carrying it, anytime.

so, it would be easier to just apply for the concealed carry permit and carry what you want and not be subject to department policy.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just to help clarify Nano An Officer can pretty much carry whatever OFF duty. You dont need a permit or anything else except badge and commission card. Some departments might have you qualify with what you carry off duty but I dont. Now if the OP is security or armored car courier then you would have to get a CCL.

man of many calibers

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to help clarify Nano An Officer can pretty much carry whatever OFF duty. You dont need a permit or anything else except badge and commission card. Some departments might have you qualify with what you carry off duty but I dont. Now if the OP is security or armored car courier then you would have to get a CCL.

CORRECT. You only have to qualify with a personal weapon for 2 reasons.
1) You are going to carry the weapon on duty
2) You are going to carry that weapon off duty, but while working a security job when you are using the departments uniform or vehicle.

Retired Law Enforcement can still carry the same as current law enforcement also.

jaketinaboxer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still a little freaked out by your question.
"On duty" makes me think you are in law enforcement, but then when you said you are thinking about getting your concealed that rules out law enforcement because you don't need one.

Security??
Armored Car??

ex, pd and deputy. now private security, i've always caried under my commision in the past with permision from my department, now that i'm not commisioned any longer i need my conceled.

lisaloo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember:
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.
:teach:

Awww JP!! You beat me to my favorite quote! :D
I agree with the PP's as well....never had a problem with my glock going off when I didn't want it to. If your finger's off the trigger you can't pull it and if its properly covered by your holster nothing else can pull it either.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some may think it odd but to truely put my fears to rest I took a cocked (not loaded) glock and droped it nose first on a carpeted floor from chest high. Stayed cocked, did not fire. Did it a few times to convince myself. Also a couple times on the rear of the slide. Additionally, if a gun can't take this I sure wouldn't trust my life to it.

Always use a holster that completely covers the trigger. I put my G27 in a coat pocket. When I got home and was pulling it out my finger slipped inside the trigger guard and made light contact with the trigger. Made my blood run cold. Use a J-frame bodyguard for coat pocket now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom