Time for a new 1911!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I was just lucky but I bought an American Classic .45 brand new for $375 2 yrs ago and it is as good as any Colt or Kimber I have ever owned. The workmanship is excellent inside and out and all the controls have that perfect "feel". The only way to possibly improve the gun is to take about a half pound off of the trigger pull, but it is not bad at all the way it is. I see no reason to spend more money on a more expensive 1911.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now I'm thinking about going with the Ruger and using the "savings" from not buying a Colt to send my CZ-75 to CGW or Automatic Accuracy for a trigger job and night sights. Should be the same money either way. And who am I kidding, I'll buy a Colt in a month or two.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We have two 1911's here, one being a Colt GCNM, and the other a SA "Loaded". The Colt is my son's, and the SA is mine. Everyone interested in handguns should have at least one 1911 in their collection.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned Colt for a few reasons, Pokem807 mentioned Colt and there's certainly nothing wrong with getting a Colt, I like Colt's...lot's of folks do. Pokem807 seems to be into trading guns occasionally, in a trade or sale situation a Colt seems to sell first and possibly sell for more dollars as they tend to hold their value. I like all of the guns mentioned. Actually, for the money, I like the Ruger Commander style pistol a lot.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I was a good shot until I got my Scorpion.

IMG_1902.JPG

I have a lot more confidence in my shooting now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom