Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I appreciate all the input on this thread. It’s really become a different debate. The guy in question did something incredibly stupid. He now has some heavy legal fees to pay. I hope he loses his right to own/carry/use firearms for the simple fact that he is dangerous. He’s dangerous to the public, and he’s dangerous to himself. Sooner or later he would killed someone/ someone would have killed him/ he would have been arrested/ he would have been to match that lit the fire of public outrage against owning/using/carrying firearms. People like this are out to gain attention. Unfortunately it’s usually negative. Again, just my .02.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And sometimes one gun CAN be a deterrent. Just watch what happens when unsavory characters are being obnoxious and then an open-carrying cop walks in. They get well-mannered real quick. And these are people who don't respect him or his authority. Now I don't expect everybody to risk their lives to "be a deterrent." But I'm sure glad law enforcers are willing to take the risk.

Is that because of authority with a radio? or a gun? Watch how quick said characters react differently to armed security. The respect is not nearly the same.

Criminals don't just flee for the hills at the sight of a gun.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Open carrying is about an ego issue. Folks are not getting some time of reinforcement of their self worth from regular human interaction and seek it through open carry. Much as a drag queen or Antifa type use their costumes to call attention to themselves. A surreptitious carry is much more beneficial in everyday use.

So, why do LE open carry? Is there a tactical advantage? Are there strategic advantages? Are there logistical advantages? Does it allow faster access to the weapon? Does it allow a cleaner, non-fouled draw? Does it contribute to command presence? Does it allow for an instant reholster when it's time to go hands-on RFN and you don't want to abandon it? Does it allow for better access when seated? Is it more comfortable than IWB, or anywhere else and therefore worn a greater percentage of time? Can larger caliber weapons with higher capacities be carried openly than concealed? Does all the previous also apply to ammo/magazines? Why didn't any of my heroes and historical figures conceal carry? Were they drag queens too? Have you noticed that nearly everyone drawing from concealed needs 2 hands to do so? Is there anything you'd rather be doing with that other hand? Why do they always look at the weapon when drawing concealed? Will open carriers draw while keeping eyes on the threat? What fraction of a second advantage does that convey? What fraction of a second are you willing to forego in order to feel smug about your concealed weapon? How many are victimized before accessing their concealed weapon vs. how many are victimized as a result of an open carried weapon?

Your reactionary revulsion to open carry is an effeminate, emotional, issue - stemming from a fear of guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom