Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
Many moons ago it was Michael Brown that stated never use your firearm as a talisman to ward away evil. Now I'm sure you have no idea who hes is, but let's just say he was a knowledgeable member around here in the beginning, that offered real world advice when it came to honest SD/CQ training. It hit home with me and never forgot it....

Either way.... consider this....

https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/friends-dont-let-friends-open-carry

Oh and FWIW, if Spencer Keepers 6'2 @ 300LBs can carry AIWB, then pretty much anything is possible for IWB carry. Just sayin.
That's a very good article. For reasons such as are stated there I don't have a problem with folks hiding their weapons. I do it myself a lot. And one gun by itself is NOT necessarily a deterrent. But, as I've said before, if everybody carried openly public places would be safer. A BUNCH of guns IS a deterrent.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know what knowledge he has for me to disrespect. But he has NO knowledge of me or what i do, don't do, or would probably do. I'm sorry. At this point in time i am suspicious of him.
I'm just speaking of his background and experience in shooting competitions, training in world class environments where he is the instructor, and so on.
He doesn't need to know your knowledge. His team will take you to a level beyond what you think you know.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
That's a very good article. For reasons such as are stated there I don't have a problem with folks hiding their weapons. I do it myself a lot. And one gun by itself is NOT necessarily a deterrent. But, as I've said before, if everybody carried openly public places would be safer. A BUNCH of guns IS a deterrent.
And sometimes one gun CAN be a deterrent. Just watch what happens when unsavory characters are being obnoxious and then an open-carrying cop walks in. They get well-mannered real quick. And these are people who don't respect him or his authority. Now I don't expect everybody to risk their lives to "be a deterrent." But I'm sure glad law enforcers are willing to take the risk.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
I never doubted his knowledge. What i did have a problem with was his answering for me claiming to know what i do or have done. He did not know I open carry. He did not know if i knew anything about handgun retention. He did not know that I know open carry can be risky and that i am familiar with various ways of concealed carry. But claimed to simply from my comment about my dislike of carrying concealed. He did not need to answer for me. It was basicly a smart-a$$ comment. Maybe a little arrogant too.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
Well, I said what I had to say; what i think needed to be said. Plus I tried to respond to all the replies to my posts. I know my first post might've stirred things up a bit but i feel strongly about it.
When i get back in a few days I'll check to see if i need to respond again. After that you all probably won't hear much from me unless i have a question or actually have something to contribute. I reckon you all know more about firearms than I do. I am not into social media and don't look at faceHook. This is the first forum I've been part of. When looking things up on the internet i run across forums sometimes. Usually the posters are mean to each other. Although i never visited OKshooters on purpose before joining, I've been having search engines direct me here for a couple years. It seems like a good forum. Nobody here was downright mean to me even though most who read this posting don't agree with me. Thanks for that. Dennis, thanks for the warm welcome.

I still hope Harper does not lose his liberty. I know several of you want him to learn a lesson. That's a very, very hard way to learn a lesson. I actually sat in a meeting where I heard an attorney say he'll probably win! We will see.

Maybe you all have never made mistakes but I have. I've made many mistakes. It took a while for me to grow up and I've had to learn some hard lessons. In the process I had people who kicked me when I was down and I had people who lifted me up out of the gutter, gave me a chance and helped me to better myself.
I don't want to be the former. I want to be one who lifts people up and gives them another chance. If anyone who reads this does not feel the same that is their prerogative. But I hope they at least think about the repercussions of ALL of our actions in our fight to keep our rights.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well, I said what I had to say; what i think needed to be said. Plus I tried to respond to all the replies to my posts. I know my first post might've stirred things up a bit but i feel strongly about it.
When i get back in a few days I'll check to see if i need to respond again. After that you all probably won't hear much from me unless i have a question or actually have something to contribute. I reckon you all know more about firearms than I do. I am not into social media and don't look at faceHook. This is the first forum I've been part of. When looking things up on the internet i run across forums sometimes. Usually the posters are mean to each other. Although i never visited OKshooters on purpose before joining, I've been having search engines direct me here for a couple years. It seems like a good forum. Nobody here was downright mean to me even though most who read this posting don't agree with me. Thanks for that. Dennis, thanks for the warm welcome.

I still hope Harper does not lose his liberty. I know several of you want him to learn a lesson. That's a very, very hard way to learn a lesson. I actually sat in a meeting where I heard an attorney say he'll probably win! We will see.

Maybe you all have never made mistakes but I have. I've made many mistakes. It took a while for me to grow up and I've had to learn some hard lessons. In the process I had people who kicked me when I was down and I had people who lifted me up out of the gutter, gave me a chance and helped me to better myself.
I don't want to be the former. I want to be one who lifts people up and gives them another chance. If anyone who reads this does not feel the same that is their prerogative. But I hope they at least think about the repercussions of ALL of our actions in our fight to keep our rights.

All of our actions includes flaunting open carry when the gun could have been concealed. Granted, western clothing with shirt tucked in and no cover garment makes it more difficult. Sometimes you have to make a clothing choice to conceal a firearm. For weapon retention I’d suggest a good instructor that deals a lot with grappling and fighting from the ground because that is very likely where you will find yourself if someone tries to take yours. What brand of holster just requires a twist for your commander to be drawn?
My Harper deserves what he gets. He did more to harm gun rights than help them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom