Tinnitus poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you suffer from Tinnitus?

• Yes I have it 24/7.

Votes: 149 67.7%
  • My ears ring occasionally.

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Nope. Silence is golden.

Votes: 28 12.7%

• Total voters

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is my wife and me. Bb, and my wife need to learn that there is a "voice" between mumbling, her normal low frequency speaking tone, and yelling. Lol

oh yeah, don't try to talk to me when you're walking away either.

:shocked:This is my "shocked" face ... :pms2:

Hmmmm ... and you might be right ... but day-um ... Why can't you guys just go see Wava?? :naughty::scream:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to repeat everything I say 3 times ... First time I say it, no response; second time I get "huh" and then the third time he says "Gosh baby, you don't gotta yell at me!" :saywhat:

!

Major tennitis here as well.
My question to you and my wife that does the same thing, is, if you know your spouse has hearing issues, why not respond the first time at the level one does before the "huh"

Why force the person to embarass themself by having to say HUH? Speak up, and look at the person your talking to. Lip reading comes on quickly when the hearing goes away.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:shocked:This is my "shocked" face ... :pms2:

Hmmmm ... and you might be right ... but day-um ... Why can't you guys just go see Wava?? :naughty::scream:

Wava, and those shops that sell hearing aids are the worst places anyone can go to.
If one has hearing issues, they need to go to a board certified hearing audiologist.
These mall shops are nothing more than franchises like burger king. They get a weeks training and then try to sell somebody the highest price aid they can get a commission from.

Go to the folks that have an MD in their sig line.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea mine is pretty much constant in my left ear, though I don't always notice it. Mine is from various guns, and one time I had a guy let loose around a 10-12 round burst of blanks from a Colt Commando. We were in a cinder block stairwell, and I was about 5 yards from him. Lost some hearing there

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tinnitus means you're never alone.....

It's funny how I/we would kid each other about future hearing loss, and guess what?...What?

Single loud/ pulse noises make it bad for a couple of days (A night unloading M-60 MG out of a concrete walled room, breaching charges close enough to "Spank" your solid organs), but it's the continuous noise that creeps up on you- Sleeping with an unsquelched handmike stuffed up to your ear, Military aircraft, wind blast, music, etc., it all adds up.

Fans help, and I've graduated to an amplified stethescope for work. It's the cost of doing business.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have actually always been pretty cautious with my hearing, but an Aerosmith concert 2001 left me ringing for 3 days & I got REALLY protective of my hearing after that. But about 2 years ago I fired one shot with a 16in AR that had a comp on it, that was a scary deal, my left ear rang for something like 2 months. I had accepted that it was permanent but thank God it gradually disappeared, there could very well be some lingering damage because when it's super quiet I can sometimes pick up on a very small ring, almost a hiss. But that was the last time for me, I don't even shoot .22 without hearing protection now. If I ever ring my ears again it will be because it was a life or death scenario and I had no other option.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, had I first noticed it around 19, I'm not sure what caused it, sometimes it worse than others, when it's not that bad I wonder what I would do without it.
I did read an article some months ago that the government was going to give more funding for research on this since it is affecting so much of our military coming from the middle east. Will they ever find a cure, I doubt it.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had it for as long as I can remember. I started shooting young, no hearing protection back in those days. Went to work summers with my Dad, building houses when i was 12. First Kiss concert when I was 17 and lots of concerts since then. Love my guitars and big old amps. I guess there is a price to pay for everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom