Tinnitus poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you suffer from Tinnitus?

• Yes I have it 24/7.

Votes: 149 67.7%
  • My ears ring occasionally.

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Nope. Silence is golden.

Votes: 28 12.7%

• Total voters

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to sleep with a loud fan going and also use a white noise machine. It generally does not bother me, maybe because I have lived with it so long. I remember going to am uncle's farm in Alabama and shooting a couple of boxes of 44 from a Super Blackhawk with no hearing protection. My ears rang like a tornado siren for days, and I bet that damaged them more than anything. I wear earplugs and Sordin MSA muffs when I shoot now (or even run an air compressor).

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've worked in a weld shop of some kind for 42 yrs,always wore earplugs (even had 'special' form fitted ones made)
i've been around shooting/hunting since i was 6
been a gearhead with dirtbikes/hot rods/muscle cars since i was 10

so ...........yeh i've got tinnitus 24/7 and about a 40% hearing loose

some of the weld shops had a decibel level of over 125,so even IF the earplugs have a 25d. rating my hearing was subject to close to 100d. day in and out
everybody here knows approximately what target shooting will do and i've never wore ear plugs when hunting
and everybody wants hear a nice sounding muscle car with open header at redline

sometimes the hearing loose is a blessing because you can use it to ignore alot of really obnoxious/irritating people and use it as an excuse

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
23, and mine is 24/7/365. Between shooting clays every weekend, having an obscenely loud sound system (enough bass to remove the rear view mirror in a 4 door yukon), and working around heavy equipment since I was 18 has left my hearing bad. If I don't have both the ceiling fan and fan on the nightstand on high sleep is out if the question.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

Latest posts

Top Bottom