tips on finding brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went shooting with a friend one day and he laid out a cheap blue nylon tarp that he had gotten at Harbor Freight or someplace like that. It seemed to work fine till we were finished shooting. We picked the tarp up and a bunch of the brass had melted through the tarp and we had o pick it up anyways.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check your shooting area after dark with a 6v lantern or other strong flashlight. The light will reflect off the brass making it easy to see.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A strong electro-magnet will pick up the primers along with the brass.
Needs to be 220 volt or it is not strong enough so not an option for most

There is a product called Brass Magnet that is a net specifically designed to catch brass
Best thing on the market and no burn throughs.
You can Google it but I believe it runs $125

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A net from a trampoline stretched out to the direction that the brass flies helps keep it localized, and a cheap metal detector finds most of the rest. I also use the bench mounted net on small pvc when shooting at the range.

KilkennyArms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the brass catcher and works extremely well once you figure out how to attach it. The only draw back is that shells sometimes are still smoking when in the catcher so it can impede your view. However it doesn't happen often.

Latest posts

Top Bottom