Tired of the NRA barrage !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if people complain about all their junk mail & junk email this way?

I feel I am a member and you should not be bombarding me with crap!! I don't want to unsubscribe on emails because once in a blue moon they send out info on important legislation and such, but I am busy and do not have time for the email a day crud with the change cup held out!

And maybe if they quit sending out 52 million letters a day they would not have to shake the change cup as much!!!

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that sometimes it seems like the NRA goes overboard. I’m sure there are threads with me complaining about it here on OSA too.

We are in really good times right now but never forget we’re never more than one election cycle from a real screw job.

I just renewed my membership and will next year and on and on. Politicians I don’t like are scared $#!tless of the NRA. They keep the ones I do like in line too.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that sometimes it seems like the NRA goes overboard. I’m sure there are threads with me complaining about it here on OSA too.

We are in really good times right now but never forget we’re never more than one election cycle from a real screw job.

I just renewed my membership and will next year and on and on. Politicians I don’t like are scared $#!tless of the NRA. They keep the ones I do like in line too.

Yes I am going to stay a member but I am going to cuss them like dogs LOL!!:cool:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go through my emails periodically and unsubscribe from everything I don't want to receive. It's amazing how well it works.
I have an issue right now, and it has to be some sort of virus I have to work out and destroy within my computer. The un subscribe doesn't work. Some sites use that as a method to determine that an email is valid as a spoof link to link more spam emails to your account and that is what is going on with mine after trying to unsubscribe from several recently. Used the block and junk email features with no success.
Tried changing the password, etc and other measures to eliminate a random internet client, now I'm going to have to go into my laptop to see where they have imbedded the virus. Mcafee and windows defender hasn't helped find anything so far, so it's deeper. I'll find it.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's probably not a virus. A lot of spammers put an unsubscribe link but don't actually unsubscribe you, and just as you described some actually use that to verify active email addresses. Frankly, I was surprised someone above said they've had much success unsubscribing... that hasn't generally been my experience.

There are several free antivirus scanners you can download, make a bootable usb drive or dvd, that will boot to their own operating system and run a scan. These usually have a chance of cleaning a virus that is loaded in memory, or is a rootkit since they run under your computers OS and it's not loaded. Here is a link with several, the only one of them I've ever used is #8, Kaspersky Rescue Disk.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-bootable-antivirus-tools-2625785

I'm curious, those that have failed to block or mark as junk... have you checked to see if they are using different email addresses on each email?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious, those that have failed to block or mark as junk... have you checked to see if they are using different email addresses on each email?
It's a hotmail account. I've used the mobile version as well as the laptop version to try and block and it never works.
I have not looked at the accounts as I'm typically on the mobile when deleting them. With that in mind, I'll leave them on the mobile and check on the full version. Good tip! Thanks.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Collect up all the junk mail you get.
Divide into piles by organization.
Open and look at return envelopes.
You will notice same name, different addresses.
More than half are scammers I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom