Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of today, I'm retired. I've been on vacation since March 22.

Celebrated by going fishing. Woke up at 5:22 like I have to go to work, but I'll get over that quickly.

Life is good. :D

I completely retired myself here recently...every day is Saturday and every night is Friday night. I'm loving it. Got a big vacation trip planned; just got back from seeing the Grandkids...I do not miss the world of work a bit. Planning is the key. You don't wanna have to decide between medicine or catfood.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations Dennis!

I've "retired" a couple of times only to find, much to my chagrin, that I enjoyed working and interacting with my coworkers.
Missing that I returned to work.

They say that its not good enough to retire from work, you have to retire to something new.

Some day I'll retire for good though.

BTW, what solution did you find to the health care insurance dilemma?

My company has a retiree health plan that is equal to what a full time employee gets.
It's less than half the cost of a policy that is available on the open market.

I just retired from the 8-5 routine. I have plenty of farm ground to keep me occupied. :D

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats Dennis!

I'm buying rental houses as fast as I can and saving all I can. I'm hoping to have enough cash flow in 10-12 years that I will be able to retire at close to my same income level.

Latest posts

Top Bottom