Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good thoughts from the folks on this forum. :D

I've heard from others that retirement makes you a slave to others. LOL I'm finding out that might be the truth. The "buds" have already called, and said, since you don't have a job anymore, how about coming out and helping me................
:finger:.......:D

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey somebody wake Shoddy up. He's taking this retirement crap to seriously. 10:30 and no post. :nono1:

His wife might have already started him on the list of to-do's, including a trip to Walmart (timed to coincide with the free food handouts), the laundromat for the big comforters (and his tighty whiteys thrown in - why not?), the DMV where they'll suggest he go out to his car and cancel the turn signal, and finally an early dinner at Golden Corral.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO envious! I just turned 61, and really want to retire at 62 (or before). If I had the insurance option you did (congrats!), I know I cold make it happen. As it is, I'm not so sure.

Enjoy every minute of it, Dennis!

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations, Dennis! I am nearly two years into the retirement business and feel like I've finally found something I'm good at!

You are correct about the need to plan ahead for financial security and health care. I am fortunate to have Federal BC&BS for wife and me at an affordable price. 2013 was my first full year of drawing Social Security and I realized the need to have some withheld for IRS. My wife is still working and has a good job, we have no debts & no dependents, farm/business deductions, etc - so the tax people spanked us pretty well this spring.

:hithead:

Well - I'm off to the golf course!

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom