Took a Stolen Gun on Trade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it wasn’t a fishing trip. The serial number I gave you was not a stolen gun. It was a 45 that I carried on duty for several years. I had Novak rear sights put on mine just like the one in your photo. It’s a pistol I wish I had never sold. It was actually used in an OIS.
thanks for the clarification - I assumed wrong - but the point that I was making was that I would be unwilling to keep something that was stolen and would provide rightful owner with proof that I was not the rightful owner

Treemansam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think regardless of who you side with someone is the loser and it’s not the person that deserves to lose.

The solution is simple but hard.

1. We have to take responsiblity for our own security. Cameras, dogs, alarms and good safes would greatly reduce gun theft.

2. Opsec. We are entering into a prolonged down economy. We have got to stop being so trusting and prepare for people we thought we could trust to get desperate. If good fences make good neighbors, how much more would opsec help. They can’t still anything they don’t know exists.

3. Be alert. Watch out for yourself and your community. Get to know your neighbors.

I am preaching to myself here too but the world is changing. We need to be vigilant.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is something I’ve always been worried about. I’ve recently received offers from new members with less than 10 posts either wanting to trade or pay cash. I kindly explain to them that once they get a higher post count and interact more, other than just the classifieds, more people would would consider their offers. Just my point of view.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's stolen property and that isn't changed by selling it to some poor unsuspecting schmuck. Even if you bought it as a poor unsuspecting schmuck.
I say keep quiet, besides the insurance has already paid them off! But do get ID on who may buy or sell to, or from you!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First time I've had anyone talk like that in my 10+yrs here; guess it was inevitable. So do you think Mitch McConnell does a good job of representing your values? The republicans deserve every bit of it and judging by the likes on my post, I'd say you have some other people to gripe at too. But if you have ready any of my posts, you will probably figure out that you are to the left of me :)

No reason for people to be nasty because of differences.

Civility as all but gone. It is what they want and they are winning. Blacks vs Whites, Democrat vs Republicans, Poor vs Rich etc etc.

Indivisible : not divisible; not separable into parts; incapable of being divided. one nation indivisible.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say keep quiet, besides the insurance has already paid them off! But do get ID on who may buy or sell to, or from you!
I didn't even get replacement cost for the guns I lost, and at least one was irreplaceable, since it was my first rifle, the one my dad & stepmom bought me for Christmas in 1971. Somehow I don't think that insurance paying off is adequate compensation. It's been thirty one years. My 1903A3 that a friend bought for me for $100 is now considerably more expensive to replace, and getting rarer, harder to find, and more expensive. I'm hoping for bad karma to settle nicely on the thief.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No reason for people to be nasty because of differences.

Civility as all but gone. It is what they want and they are winning. Blacks vs Whites, Democrat vs Republicans, Poor vs Rich etc etc.

Indivisible : not divisible; not separable into parts; incapable of being divided. one nation indivisible.
Yeah I forgive the guy...he isn't thinking deep enough about it or didn't read my post entirely...I was taking a more conservative position than he was coming from...I expect the republicans that represent me to stop pandering to the left and do more to fix the problems. Sometimes we have to call them out for being so milk toast because that is a big reason why we are where we are today. An "R" next to the name doesn't mean we are in a cult. I'm sure he' a good guy and just misunderstood me as a lib.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roll Safe 03112022203029.jpg

Seriously though that sux! Almost makes me want to start a gofundme or something to help people that get screwed over like this!

Latest posts

Top Bottom