Tool Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a vibrating dremel tool, a Milwaukee sawzall, a Rotozip, a circular saw, and some really sharp knives. Oh yeah, some kneepads.

If you have everything out of the room I can even help with labor ripping it out.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assume it is still down on the floor.
A serrated steak knife will make short work of any carpet.
Hook it under the carpet and pull up and forward it will run right through it.

You can also take a crappy knife and run the edge along a spinning bench grinder hard stone wheel and make the cutting edge rough and it will work as well.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t say that I agree. every generation that gets older thinks that the younger kids are worthless. The truth is that there are good and bad in every generation.

Oh, I’m sure there are, but it’s one heck of an Easter egg hunt finding one. My best experience was with a kid about four years ago. He was pushing a lawnmower down the street and stopped and asked if he could cut my grass. I was getting ready to do it myself with a zero turn, but when he did that, he reminded me of myself when I was that age. I asked him what he’d charge and we agreed on a price. Afterwards when it was time to get paid, I gave him an extra twenty. He smiled, said thanks and went on down the road.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a vibrating dremel tool, a Milwaukee sawzall, a Rotozip, a circular saw, and some really sharp knives. Oh yeah, some kneepads.

If you have everything out of the room I can even help with labor ripping it out.

You mentioned a sawzall. I think I’ll take an older fine tooth blade, grind it down to a sharp knife like edge and see how it works.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
61l7Jm9CCLL._AC_SY450_.jpg

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, I’m sure there are, but it’s one heck of an Easter egg hunt finding one. My best experience was with a kid about four years ago. He was pushing a lawnmower down the street and stopped and asked if he could cut my grass. I was getting ready to do it myself with a zero turn, but when he did that, he reminded me of myself when I was that age. I asked him what he’d charge and we agreed on a price. Afterwards when it was time to get paid, I gave him an extra twenty. He smiled, said thanks and went on down the road.

I get it. Times are different for sure. Like you I mowed lawns and cleaned up trash, swept whatever I could do to make a buck. I was also expected to buy my own equipment and supplies. I also learned to not spend like crazy since I learned how hard money was to get. I think that ethic was pre-installed in me from birth.

Side story... When I was like maybe 15 my older brother needed some money and asked to borrow it. He knew I had it because I always was hustling. I made him give me a 57 topps Willy Mays baseball card as collateral. I still have the card decades later. sometimes he would ask about it but never seems to want to hand over the money he owes. I need to send it to PSA and add it to his bill =)

Latest posts

Top Bottom