1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Top Grade 22 suppressor questions

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by BigRed82, Sep 10, 2009.

1. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Bad bullet might have increased instability the further it went past the muzzle. Or it didn't get completely sideways until that point, missing the first baffle and may have been straight again when it went through the next one.

2. Beercules

Beercules Sharpshooter

I don't doubt for a second that a malformed or damaged bullet with an upset CG and resulting negative dynamic instability would follow a diverging path beyond the muzzle. However it is impressive that the distance between the muzzle and damaged baffle is less than 2" and the extent and type of damage done does not lead me to believe that the bullet passed through the next baffle, much less exited the suppressor intact. I would love to see some high speed film of something like that just to really visualize the bullet path.

3. okkaps

okkaps Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I went back and forth on my first .22 supp and eventually went with the YHM Mite in the end. Yes it's on the cheaper end but I've been extremely happy with it. I took the extra cash I didn't spend on a higher end can and put it toward a P22. Thousands of rounds later I still dont regret it.

BTW I like theTac65 also although I don't own one......just shoot it alot.