Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I told myself I wasn’t going to buy anymore cell cameras, but I also can’t pass up a good deal. The fifth Spartan is on the way. :thumb:
I just have the one cell camera. The other 15 or so are SD card. It’s not the price of the camera that keeps me from more cell. it’s the data plan costs.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have the one cell camera. The other 15 or so are SD card. It’s not the price of the camera that keeps me from more cell. it’s the data plan costs.
I used ATT Buy a Session for several years, but for whatever reason, they decided they didn’t want the game cam business and forced me into using Spartan plans. The way the Spartan price structure is set up the per camera price get better the more cameras you add. The break even point to be the same as the ATT price is 6 cameras. At this point, I can add a new camera for $50/year, and given the enjoyment I get out of them, that’s cheap entertainment. :anyone:

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used ATT Buy a Session for several years, but for whatever reason, they decided they didn’t want the game cam business and forced me into using Spartan plans. The way the Spartan price structure is set up the per camera price get better the more cameras you add. The break even point to be the same as the ATT price is 6 cameras. At this point, I can add a new camera for $50/year, and given the enjoyment I get out of them, that’s cheap entertainment. :anyone:
thats a good way to look at it. lol

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the subject of cell camera service cost, I got the 5th camera added to my plan yesterday and was looking at what my bill is going to be when the plan renews in September, and the total bill for 5 cameras will be $439.99 which breaks down to $88/year or $7.33/month per camera.
Before switching to external batteries and solar panels, I was spending more per month on AA lithium batteries to keep the cameras running than what the service costs.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the subject of cell camera service cost, I got the 5th camera added to my plan yesterday and was looking at what my bill is going to be when the plan renews in September, and the total bill for 5 cameras will be $439.99 which breaks down to $88/year or $7.33/month per camera.
Before switching to external batteries and solar panels, I was spending more per month on AA lithium batteries to keep the cameras running than what the service costs.
That is cheaper than the $35-40 I pay each trip to check mine. But then again, I have 19 going so that would add up too quickly.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you really “need” 19 cameras?
Do I need that many? Absolutely not, but they keep coming in the mail. :D

I have several that are for "security" and to keep track of people trespassing. But with that said, cameras are an addiction for me. It is my main off season hobby so I am a little gluttonous on them. They are on about the same size property as you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom