Tranny shop suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, the flush is a waste of funds.
My Silverado went just over 180k on the original trans before it started having issues.
I opted to have a Jasper reman installed.
Good luck with yours.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any real suggestions for a ****ing transmission shop I can trust? The jokes would be hilarious if I didn’t suddenly have a several thousand dollar issue on my hands that leaves me without a vehicle to get me around. I kind of need a vehicle to get around.
There’s a guy down in Wayne who I’ve heard good things about but I don’t know if he does newer stuff.I have a friend who may know and will ask him, his dad has a used car lot on the south side so he knows people.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1691433863057.png

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Discount transmission by the tracks on Thatcher was half the price of Scheer brothers for a friend of mines truck.
To bad Joe Anderson of Broadway Transmissions isn’t around anymore. He gave some fantastic cash prices

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay away from AAMCO I bought a reman 4L60 from them and they changed it out three times before the warranty expired. They never installed a new trans cooler and just kept hooking up the new transmissions to the old cooler which was already filled with trash.

I ended up buying a GM Reman and installed a new trans cooler and it was still driving when I sold the truck.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
flushed/etc and the oil changed
Silliness aside, my truck was doing something similar and acting up pretty awful. I took it to my dealer who does all my non-operator maintenance for a transmission service and they did a flush, refill/change and updated the shift codes and it runs great now. Almost like when I got it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom