Transmission troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have a 2004 Chevy trailblazer 2wd that the transmission is acting up. It seems to be slipping a little. Not all of the time and mostly in 2nd gear. It just started a couple of days ago and seems to really be worse after driving for a long period of time. I checked the fluid level and it is ok. The battery died and it started acting up later that evening. I don't know if that could be related or not. Anyway, any ideas on what to check? Or a good reputable place to take it and have it checked out?

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had Blumenthal's put a transmission in my 94 Chevy stepside and it worked well. They were also the lowest price around and had it done in 24 hours. I also had the transmission in my 2004 Ford Expedition replaced by All American Transmission and had very good results from them. I would recommend either of these businesses.

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try disconnecting your battery cables for about 30 minutes then hook them back up and drive the vehicle for bit. Sometimes when the battery dies it can cause a strange reaction in the computer that can effect the transmission. By doing the above, the computer will have to relearn. If it still slips after about 30 minutes of driving then see a tranny shop.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Try disconnecting your battery cables for about 30 minutes then hook them back up and drive the vehicle for bit. Sometimes when the battery dies it can cause a strange reaction in the computer that can effect the transmission. By doing the above, the computer will have to relearn. If it still slips after about 30 minutes of driving then see a tranny shop.

Thanks, tried this yesterday and it still slips. It doesn't slip if I drive short distances and stop. But if I drive 20 miles or so, then it starts slipping. Is it possible it's getting too hot for some reason?

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blumenthal's was suggested by someone on here when I needed the transfer case on my burb worked on. Even though I had to ship it to them it was a great experience. I'll send all my issues with transmissions and transfer cases to them from now on.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It has 142, 000 miles on it. I bought it used last year with 115, 000. I don't know the history on it. Looking at the color of it, I was thinking about changing the filter and fluid today since all of the tranny shops are closed today. the fluid is sort of a brownish color.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a great guy. I have done business with him and his work is perfect. He'll tell you what's wrong with your tranny, and you can trust him to be right.

Additionally, he is a super knife maker. Worth a trip just to see his knives.

Roy's Transmission Shop

4008 North Redmond Avenue, Bethany, OK 73008

Phone (405) 789-6336

Redmond is just west of MacArthur on 39th Expressway, and Roy's is just north of 39th.

Latest posts

Top Bottom