Trap line in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well most of it. The rest goes in tomorrow.

Coil spring bobcat cubby hole sets and coon cuffs.
Pics of some of the sets.

image-4066897758.jpg

image-3868679260.jpg

image-1921989313.jpg

image-3004837227.jpg

image-109638633.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ground conditions improved a bunch the last couple of days..........it was like concrete last week, frozen solid.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great. Good luck. I set some a few years ago, by the time I got all the trash trapped out I was not having fun and lost interest.

The bobcat sets have never caught anything but cats. Cat urine, and Catmandu with some duck feathers in the cubby, with a duck wing swinging attracts nothing else. I'm with you. In the past getting the skunks etc out sucked. Now I target one specie. Set the pans for 2 lb trip, level, pan cover, sift some peat moss over the pan cover, and finally do some local dirt, or saved gopher mound dirt, and your good to go.

This is the first year to try coon cuffs. The first year they are legal in Ok.

Baited with a full size marshmallow behind the trip, then filled with a mix of floating catfish food nuggets, bacon grease, maple syrup and Anise.

Sprinkle some of the mix around the trap for attractant, and its set.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you buy only white dp's? We've got out white, silver, and brown...........every coon caught so far but one has been caught in a white one. Are you're cat sets, double sets?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
coon cuffs came bare. Had to paint, and after looking at a ton of video's decided white was the way to go. Also put fluorescent paint around the mouth of the cuff.

Cat sets are the "long reach" type where the cubby is set about the length of a cat body away from the trap. If they manage to cross the stepping sticks and not get into the trap, there is another chance to get them when walking out. 8 shots at success.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking forward to some pics Dennis! Always find it very interesting how people make their sets. Always seem to learn something new about trapping every year. Thanks for the set pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom