Traveling by Airplane. Question about a good Gun case.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys we are flying out to Komifornia in March and I am planning on transporting my CA legal handguns with me (yes I still have 10 round mags just for these occasions). So my question is what is a good hard sided gun case that can carry up to 4 handguns and is lockable for the TSA standards? I am not looking to spend over $100 if I can help it.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why are you taking so many? I would buy the best for that many guns. Don't think $100 will buy that good of one but that's just me. Maybe a good used one.....

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found some Pelican cases that are around the price range I am looking, and I know they are a very sturdy brand since that what I had tools and stuff in during Active Duty.

I went with the Pelican IM2100 Storm Case, it will most likely fit 4 but I am really only going to use it for 3 plus mags. BHPhoto.com has a really good deal on them since I got it with 3 day shipping for $70 out the door.

Last edited:

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never done this before but I heard on Gun Talk that you should put your guns in a locked case and then put that case in your suit case. They also recommended that you should tape the TSA regs to the case so the TSA doesn’t cut the lock (the TSA isn’t allowed to cut the lock for some reason). I’ve heard of guns being stolen at airports.

You may already know this stuff but I just thought I would let you know.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are required to put your guns into a hard sided case that has been locked up. TSA meets you at the check in counter to verify that the weapons are unloaded and no ammo is in the case. At which point you lock the case back up and a notification is taped onto the case that it has been cleared.

caspian40sw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have flown with fire arms many times. T.S.A. regs allow you to have up to seven pounds of ammo in the same case with your weapons if they are in a sealed box. Always check with the air lines some of them have there own rules. I use a SKB or a Pelican when I fly and depending where you are traveling you will have to pick up you case from TSA or it will come out with all the other bags. And dont use a TSA lock

Latest posts

Top Bottom